Vauxhall Carlton in Scotland

scrappylad

This car was for sale earlier this year from a local one man band outfit... I posted something on here about it.After a few months of neglect by its new owner its now with us at Upullit Inverkeithing.Its the first of the new shape on a D-reg and is in good condition with the exception of the clutch which bites pretty high. Being RWD this should be easy enough to change. Its in beige/gold metallic, is a 2.0 GL with 3 owners from new, the second owner had the car from 1990 till earlier this year. Its done 56,000 miles and otherwise seems to drive nice and run quietly. The plush interior has cleaned up well and the bodywork shows little deterioration - literally it has two or three minor rust spots, a minor scratch to a door and a minor scrape to the n/s wing. It wears its original alloys, dealer fit number plates & rear screen sticker, has a tow bar & has the self-levelling rear suspension. If it had been an auto I'd have bought it.It really wants saving.I'll maybe get a pic up...

Here she is in all her glory... since been cleaned inside & out & on sale at 200.00 GBP. Has to be cheap at that! No MOT certificate available but it runs through till April 2010... simple enough to get a replacement cert. You'd just need to think about getting a new clutch fitted in due course.

Posted Image

Posted Image

wonder if it was my mate that bought it ? He was coming to look at it this morning.. Told him about it in the pub last night, he seemed more than slightly keen.Have to say, credit to upullit for putting cars like this up for sale for cheap and giving them a chance rather than just chucking them in the crusher.