Daewoo Espero

Richieg

It’ll be the fuel pump Ritchie, located in the tank, accessed thru the boot. Take out the sender- it’s on the bottom.   Hot wire a generic. High pressure pump in, feeding it from  a length of pipe into the tank, or a can. 
it’ll fire straight up. 
Might check & clean the rotor arm/ disc cap on r/h side of the engine for a better spark. They oxidize when out of use. 
That’ll be a nice car once cleaned up. 

43 minutes ago, nigel bickle said:

Oops. I just looked at the mot history

A3296487-7F36-4E46-B1A7-D048C034144B.thumb.png.08620f57aeb4048d949b74b84cae267c.png

That really ain’t good. 12 years ago, too.   Think hard before you spend  much cash on it.
I do hope it was just an over- enthusiastic tester trying to get a 10 yr old off the road...

To be honest Nige it is,as bad as they said in 2008 . 

I was squeezing the inner sills and I could hear the crunch of doom as it dissolved in my hand .

As said anything can be done but it is finding someone who can do the repairs to the floor , inner sills a d fabricate some new outer sills .

The one good thing was the outer sills are a very simple shape to remake . That was a blessing . 

In the failure sheet it said about the suspension mounting areas at the front . I couldn't quite work out what they meant as the strut tops looks solid from the engine bay . I wondered if it was to do with the shock absorber tops or something ? 

I think the way forward is try and get it running under it's own steam first . It then becomes mobile . 

Once mobile it can be driven up on to ramps for a proper look underneath . 

I think he is looking at quite a few quid to get it repaired properly . 

I have told him this is a love job as they are worthless at the moment . We will just have to see what happens I guess . 

1 hour ago, barrett said:

I spotted this one seven years(!) ago. Would be amazing to think it'll be revived. They really have aged really well I reckon 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/45623348@N05/8004020108/

Scott ,

My friend /colleague who owns this only recently told me about it . 

I had a cursory glance and it is going to need a weldathon . 

Inner sills have gone and floor in places . 

Rear arches aren't great either as you can see above . However he is keen and good old Nigel Bickle has kindly put me in touch with a man who can ! 

All we need to do is get her running . 

After some PM's with nigel i am pretty sure the fuel tank pump has seized as it didn't kick in when ignition was switched on . 

We have a plan to get that going though . 

To wake her up would be fantastic . 

The sad story with this car is my friend had it serviced and cambelt before mot and it failed miserably . 

This is why it is sat there . 

12 hours ago, Richieg said:

The rear arches aren't great either sadly . I desperately want to help my friend because he loves this car ! 

I just don't know whether he is going to have heart failure when he finds how much this welding will cost ?

As Enoch Powell never said; "like the Roman, I seem to see 'the River Tiber foaming with much blood the Espero sills bulging with much wob'"