Daewoo Espero

Richieg

Hi ya Peeps ,

My work colleague announced only the other day that in his back garden he has a Daewoo Espero !! 

He knows how much I love old chod too and waited nearly a year of working here he has one .

Anyway I digress . He has asked me if I can help him wake it up after 12 years slumber which I am more than happy to .

My question is would anyone know where you can get parts for these rare beasts ? 

I looked on Fleabay and if I want tailored mats I am sorted as there are hundreds . 

Is there anywhere or anyone that can supply parts or panels or even service items for now ? 

It is a big ask but I figured if anyone would know my fellow autoshiters will know ! 

Cheers Richie 

( Pic for attention )

20200225_145335.jpg

https://piese.radacini.ro/espero

At least you'll be able to track down the OEM partnumber, and going from there find equivalents on any part seller's website.

As you scroll down to the lowest part of the page, click on  the blue rectangle on which VEZI MAI MULTE PRODUSE is written. It will load some more products in the list.

3 hours ago, lesapandre said:

PS I think this is the wrong AS area. Could go on the Ask section or the main page if it develops into a story. 

Fascinating motoring footnote these cars.

You will have to forgive me as I have only just come back to AS after 6 years . I don't where I should be posting .

There will be updates as I am going there this weekend with pictures and everything ! Lol 

Richie - I have 5 (2 autos, 3 manuals)

To wake up attach battery, turn key . Assuming it was running when laid up, it’ll fire up. 
Parts aren’t difficult, plenty on EBay (Espero in UK, Armani’s in Spain) & service items are available everywhere.

Competent but a little bland it will be a reliable runner. I can leave mine for months, simply parked up -& a know they will go. 

PM if you need help. 

Thanks,for the comments guys .

I am quite excited about seeing the old girl this weekend . It may only be a cursory look as the weather is poop. However I will get pics .

The one issue we have is the bonnet cable has seized . 

My friend and I are gonna try bounce the bonnet whilst cable is pulled . Fingers crossed . 

I am trying to help him get it going as he loves this car and just needs a bit of help .

As promised here she is ! 

My friend was struggling to get the bonnet open . It appeared today that the cable has seized solid . 

After getting a lot of wd40 everywhere we could , my friend was pulling on the cable and I managed to get my finger tips under the bonnet lip and around the front by the catch and she finally popped to let us access her oily bits .

It was very reassuring to see a lovely 1800 vauxhall /GM engine with injection under there . Superb engines . 

We hooked some jump leads on the 15 year old battery  and she turned over very well . Sadly didn't start though .

Plan is to get some easy start and fresh petrol in there . Give the plugs a clean a d see what happens . 

Failing that I will need to call on my friends who can to help get her started . 

20200229_102514.jpg

As can be clearly seen 12 years sitting has done her no favours . The outer sills will need repairing/ replacement . 

I did you usual and felt along the inner sills and floor and she was crumbling away in my hands . I feel she will be mammoth project and will require a massive weldathon .

20200229_102528.jpg