Top Gear '89 Highlights

Station

:lol::lol::lol: Excellent stuff, keep it coming! I'm not a fan of TG in it's current format but I must admit there was very little entertainment value in the old version - very old school BBC. Willy Woollard looks suitably confused at the Mazda 323s all being totally different to each other! Chris Goffey I recall was obsessed with having to take the luggage out of the boot to get at spare wheels.

Well with DV cameras being cheap as David Dickinson and the advent of You Tube, plus our very own celeb presenter in our midst... I thinks we can probably cobble together some sort of Jalopy-Autoshite-Gear type prog for people who want to know how to weld two halves of a Ric Rapid together. I have the cameraman skillorz if you have the cars.

Who's that then?
Yes go on, do tell!
I believe occasional poster mcqueenmachine is a former TG presenter.

Well with DV cameras being cheap as David Dickinson and the advent of You Tube, plus our very own celeb presenter in our midst... I thinks we can probably cobble together some sort of Jalopy-Autoshite-Gear type prog for people who want to know how to weld two halves of a Ric Rapid together. I have the cameraman skillorz if you have the cars.

Who's that then?
Yes go on, do tell!
I believe occasional poster mcqueenmachine is a former TG presenter.
Which one? It's not Steve Berry is it?

This bloke is not as entertaining, and a bit more scary, than Chris Goffey. :( (Who didn't appear in this episode). He must be unwell (or on holiday, maybe he's taken Renault, with it's ample storage space, and splendid visibility out of the rear window). Get well soon Chris!

Posted Image

Isn't that William Woodard?

• 7 years later...

I've got most of the Top Gears from 1989-92 on my computer, if anyone would like them, PM me and I'll pop them on some DVDs when I can be arsed.I was uploading them for a while ago, the links might still be active if you can find them. My internet's too slow for uploading these days though.

[Apologies for thread resurrectionage but my PM facility is broken]

Do you still have this lot on a disk somewhere?  Thanks

cheers

I saw a bunch on YT, but a BBC clears a lot (and have done any of mine) under 'copyright' so who knows how long they have.  Surprised they are still there TBH

Will see what I can grab.  Assuming the flash recompression hasn't affected VHS footage 'quality' too much