New Bad Idea - F4RT ATTACK

cort16

5 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

I winder why he was so keen to let other folk see it? Strange. I wonder how their conversations went.

10/10 for having pumpkin-sized knackers mind you

To be fair to him I think he was trying to size out a decent next owner . He said he decided to sell it to me as I had a garage and I was going to use it as a 2nd car.

That and I probably offered the most money. It was quite frustrating though.

That’s ace! same recaros that came in my trophy worth a good few quid secondhand. Mine was repaired on the drivers squab where yours has gone for about £80. 
Apparently liquid yellow is a bastard to paint, the primer /base coat is green and a nightmare to blend in, that’s what someone told me mind so could be bollocks, 

There are loads of these on track now as they handle brill.

Well done sir. 

Regarding the LSD - when you’re a bit more used to it/confirmed it has some tread on the tyres, enter a corner quickly, then plant the throttle. It literally feels as though it is being dragged towards the apex, seems to have unlimited traction you won’t fail to notice it and it becomes addictive. 

Downside is, it can follow cambers and ruts in the road really easily when just driving normally. But it’s a small price to pay.

I don’t remember the gearshift being particularly vague (bit rubbery maybe) so I’d say renewing your bushes (oof)/linkages would be a good bet.

Well bought!

3 minutes ago, Danterzza said:

That’s ace! same recaros that came in my trophy worth a good few quid secondhand. Mine was repaired on the drivers squab where yours has gone for about £80. 
Apparently liquid yellow is a bastard to paint, the primer /base coat is green and a nightmare to blend in, that’s what someone told me mind so could be bollocks, 

There are loads of these on track now as they handle brill.

Well done sir. 

I think I'm going to clean it up, stone chip it, seal it and then try to get some similar coloured wrap or decal to go over it. I dont want to get involved in trying to paint that,

• 1 year later...

Last post in before the lock (down).

I didn't do too much with this in 2020. I don't know about you guys but 2020 seemed like quite a quite year?

I leant it to my sister for a few weeks and that experience pushed the clutch over the edge. I was speaking to a place in Edinburgh who quoted a decent price for doing the clutch and timing belt. It had a horrible clunk from the front so fitted a new bottom arm so I could safely drive it to Edinburgh at which point I found EVERYTHING was rusty on the suspension. By the time I'd nobbed and fitted it lockdown was on and I couldn't travel.

I used it as my daily (by which I mean once weekly 5 mile drive to the super market) for a bit until I got my 7 series at, which point it got locked in the garage and the MOT expired.

I feel bad about it sitting and with lockdown lifting thought it was time to drag it back out again. It's got it's mot on Monday. I'm not hopeful.

It definitely needs to live again and absolutely not donate it's engine and seats to my Kangoo. 

What's happening with the Granada? Maybe a thread on that will get you some motivation. I don't know if for me it's so much motivation that gets me going or the fact I've had no mojo/spare daylight all winter and the jobs all just pile up. Fuck, I've still got gearbox oil to change on the Kangoo🤦

13 minutes ago, dome said:

It definitely needs to live again and absolutely not donate it's engine and seats to my Kangoo. 

What's happening with the Granada? Maybe a thread on that will get you some motivation. I don't know if for me it's so much motivation that gets me going or the fact I've had no mojo/spare daylight all winter and the jobs all just pile up. Fuck, I've still got gearbox oil to change on the Kangoo🤦

The Granada is next. It should be good to go I’ve been tinkering away with it the last few months . I’ve got no mojo to do any serious work on them I’ve been thinking of jacking in my garage in and just keeping the megane.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:37 PM, HillmanImp said:

He owned a performance Renault. Sensible compared to who? Hunter S Thompson? 

The good Dr Gonzo would definitely have bought this car - he's have then gone to Las Vegas in it...with a bag of drugs and a hooker...

Here we can't so try Skegness...and snorting Tizer.

If you have never read a Hunter book do...'Fear and Lothing in Las Vegas' is one of the funniest books written (ignore the stupid film).

Screenshot_20210410-202415.jpg

And it failed mostly on rear brakes and a front springs. They called me up saying none of their suppliers can get the parts.

It turns out the R26 is different from regular Renault Sport Meganes. The front springs are specific to the R26 and Renault have stopped making them.. The rear discs have the bearings built into them (because Renault) and the bearing is bigger on the R26.  That kamracing site have all the parts so I've just emptied my wallet into their site and got them to send me all the bits. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is now MOT'd! 

For quite a long time this has had  clunk from the drivers side. This led to my weeks long battle trying to change the bottom suspension arm.

This seemed to fix it for a short period of time but it came back. I wondered if this would come up at the mot but it didn't.

It had all the work done but the clunk was still there. The guys at the garage weren't happy and found the ball joint on the 3 month old arm was seized.

They replaced that and the clunk was still there. They then found the drop links are knackered so they replaced the drop links and the clunk is still there.

I thought it was maybe the broken spring but it's still there. Basically we don't know why it's clunking but at least I know the wheel isn't going to fall off. 

On 2/22/2020 at 11:20 PM, J-T said:

Regarding the LSD - when you’re a bit more used to it/confirmed it has some tread on the tyres, enter a corner quickly, then plant the throttle. It literally feels as though it is being dragged towards the apex, seems to have unlimited traction you won’t fail to notice it and it becomes addictive. 

I had an LSD on my Golf GTi and kind of forgot about it, but when I (mistakenly) threw it too fast through a tight bend, it kicked in and tore me around like I had glue tyres. Incredible feature!

I’ve got it back . The clunk sounds scary  and definitely worse  than before . It Drives great though the handling is all tight etc. The clutch is slipping more than before too but it’s still friggin rapid .

Its current my daily driver as I’m sick of the bmw blowing hot air in my face.

3F76DE14-9FD9-46D2-8346-B88E0BF241FF.jpeg.5bc41f585525d7b3db8d4a198c972e25.jpeg