New Bad Idea - F4RT ATTACK

cort16

4 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

This is AMAZING. 

Does it hurt having to carry those monumental testicles around with you all the time?

I'm not sure I'd have been comfortable spending much more on it than I did (as he sets out to spend 200 quid to get the wheels powered coated).

I have a vague memory that this is pretty much the ultimate incarnation of the F-type engine, meaning that if the mood took you, it'd be a 'drop in*' replacement for such AS heroes as the 300 and 400 series Volvo, Renault 9, 11  and 19 too. 

Imagine handing someone their arse in a renner 11 in a TLGP. 

11 minutes ago, Stanky said:

I have a vague memory that this is pretty much the ultimate incarnation of the F-type engine, meaning that if the mood took you, it'd be a 'drop in*' replacement for such AS heroes as the 300 and 400 series Volvo, Renault 9, 11  and 19 too. 

this would fit in a kangoo no?

dome would freak :D

13 minutes ago, Stanky said:

Wonder if it’d go in a mk1 Clio, I may know someone with a broken one...

So assuming a normal working week, 140-150K of those miles can be attributed to the commute.  If it's been well looked after I'd not be too scared off by the mileage.  I think on most things made after around 2000 of so general condition and how a car drives can tell you far more than an odometer can anyway.

If they're using the same general gear linkage as back on the 21/25 replacing the various plastic bushes can make a *massive* difference to the gearchange.

I really like the look of that... it's a car which has set out to be silly and fun and has pulled it off well.

For the money you got this for, the mileage matters diddly squat. Only thing maybe worth doing is replacing any tired bushings and suspension. Oh and fixing that gearbox probably be a necessity.

Do these have the same box as the later Clio 197 that liked to shit their boxes?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, SiC said:

For the money you got this for, the mileage matters diddly squat. Only thing maybe worth doing is replacing any tired bushings and suspension. Oh and fixing that gearbox probably be a necessity.

Do these have the same box as the later Clio 197 that liked to shit their boxes?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

No idea Ive gone into this knowing nothing about them, which I think is clear, ?