Project Josephine

On 8/5/2020 at 5:49 AM, purplebargeken said:

Here you go. Makes a huge difference inside.

Tinted Espace.JPG

11 hours ago, purplebargeken said:

Me too. Still irritated by the cba from the original garage. It will pass.

ur soon be behind the wheel of the polar express

On 2/19/2020 at 12:27 PM, purplebargeken said:

Well. It's been a very, very, very, very long time since I had something French in my life.

After scouring ebay for quite some time and being put off by intergalactic mileages and just stupid prices for piles of potential shite, I have done the entirely AS thing and bought one of these:

Yes, a white 1996 Renner Espace Mk2.

It has low 80K on the clock, a few foibles such as a temperamental passenger window, a heater control that only likes to be on '4', a back box that needs top have its clamp loosened and the back box twisting slightly to be better aligned, a couple of very small holes in the front part of the exhaust, an oil leak from somewhere higher up on the engine and a knackered clutch.

The car will be taken to the Enfield Mr Clutch in 2 weeks time to be sorted, the clutch is on order as we speak. 

20200212_152959 (1).jpg

Seems I took a picture of it in 2016, when it was still with its original owner, cant remember where now though.

As someone said earlier, what a rollercoaster of a thread! Latest update sounds promising, fingers crossed it rises like a phoenix..

26011527324_faedd4212f_b.jpg

I love the look of these, but after my experience with one ,I wouldn't touch one with a pre lit oil soaked rag...

12 months owned, 3 months top on the road..one thing after another...Looked gorgeous in a sort of Moonstone colour with grey comfy interior..

But whoever designed the pedal box must have had no feet..way too easy to brake and accelerate at the same time, or try and clutch and get the footrest instead..

pic of the espace...in its usual spot, broke.got more use out of the trike, even with a shagged headgasket

.No photo description available.

Further update.....

Josephine is running and running well so it seems. They have taken her on several runs, maybe 8 miles or so and confirm that she is doing ok, just a couple of little tweaks and a proper run or 30 miles or so is scheduled.  They want to make sure she is running properly as they know that I will be doing longer than average drives., going from Merseyside to Hertfordshire re: work stuff. They are optimistic and confident!

She lives! They stripped the inlet down, made all new gaskets, replaced about 6 knacked pipes and hosrs, replaced the HT leads as they weren't as good as they could have been, also replaced the MAP sensor.  Things needing attention/monitoring: both engine mounts are quite tired and they also tested the petrol and found out there was 10% water in there.  They daid to just burn the fuel off in there by driving it, then fuel up.  The shitty fuel causes a teeny tiny miniscule stutter every now and again but other than a slightly squeaky alternator belt, she drives really, really well. Final bill £210.