Xsara - *beep* AIR BAG

beko1987

9 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Yea I've got that in the queue of "what could be wrong"... Bloody hope not, their not cheap nowadays!ย 

I'd try many things before trying that, I've been putting off fixing the indicator stalk my entire ownership so as not to disturb the clock spring and bring this very warning up ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'll be annoyed if it's caused the light regardless (does diagnostic pinpoint that or did you have it apart and swapped to test?)ย 

It'll be something really useful like " Airbag open circuit"ย  As I recall it's a bit trial and error to work out which one is which side.

If you can wait until next week, I can probably meet you after work one evening with my Lexia/Diagbox setup and see what it shows for both the airbag fault and any clues to the intermittent running issue if that would be useful?

48 minutes ago, Anthony said:

If you can wait until next week, I can probably meet you after work one evening with my Lexia/Diagbox setup and see what it shows for both the airbag fault and any clues to the intermittent running issue if that would be useful?

Oooh yes please! Happy to come to you or find somewhere mutual! In Marlow Tuesday and Thursday, Thame the rest of the time but could travel ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Part of me is still tempted to solder the seat wires this weekend. Was thinking this on the way home after Tim's comment above, if all it gives with some diagnostic is 'open circuit' it's still a culprit until it's fully tested/bypassed.ย 

MOT runs out early spetember so there's a few weeks yet ๐Ÿคž

I work the otherside of Oxford to you (in the Didcot area) so Thame is probably easiest - I'll drop you a message next week when I know what evenings I'm freeย ๐Ÿ™‚

Your call of course, but my suggestion would be to leave the seat wiring as-is for now until we've seen what the fault reports as - I've had numerous 306s and Xsaras over the years and never yet had to butcher the seat wiring.ย  Indeed, I've soldered the plugs back on a couple of them after getting annoyed that a previous owner had soldered the wires together and stopped me removing the seats...

30 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I work the otherside of Oxford to you (in the Didcot area) so Thame is probably easiest - I'll drop you a message next week when I know what evenings I'm freeย ๐Ÿ™‚

Your call of course, but my suggestion would be to leave the seat wiring as-is for now until we've seen what the fault reports as - I've had numerous 306s and Xsaras over the years and never yet had to butcher the seat wiring.ย  Indeed, I've soldered the plugs back on a couple of them after getting annoyed that a previous owner had soldered the wires together and stopped me removing the seats...

Yes sir ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Part of me is excited as to what systems actually function... The central locking doesn't ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'll be happy if the lexia even connects and see's an airbag ecu somewhere...ย 

Pm me when is convenient for you then, I have my kids weds night but that's fine anyway

I'd definitely get the codes checked on Lexia, the airbag light went on, on my old 307. I connected Lexia and it told me a connector was reading open circuit, I checked the pug forum and believe it or not this particular connector was located behind the glovebox. I popped the glovebox out, gave the connector a good clean and all was well.ย I would never have found that without the code reader and the forum.