Auction of a fleet of old Shite! Evesham 7th March

Floatylight

Why do I like that Standard Companion 10 thing? I know nothing about them, if anyone would care to fill me in?

Also like the Granada. I need one of those one day as my grandad used to have one.

I'm already working on the 7th sadly. Would anyone going be able to pick up the Scalelectrix stuff on our behalf? Assuming it doesn't go for silly money....

24 minutes ago, Flat4 said:

Why do I like that Standard Companion 10 thing? I know nothing about them, if anyone would care to fill me in?

Also like the Granada. I need one of those one day as my grandad used to have one.

I'm already working on the 7th sadly. Would anyone going be able to pick up the Scalelectrix stuff on our behalf? Assuming it doesn't go for silly money....

I will know next week if I definitely have that day off, if I'm off then I will go. If I go I can pick up the scalelectrix stuff. But if you get a confirmed before then that's cool. 

1 hour ago, Flat4 said:

The first car I ever worked on was a Standard 10 - what do you wish to know?  948cc, 4 speed gearbox, drum brakes, live rear axle on leaf springs, coils and wishbones at front, worm gear steering.   Quite solidly built, monocoque body with a separate front subframe, but they do rust badly. I don't think any panels are available, but mechanically they are related to (but not the same as) the Triumph Herald and Toledo so it is not all bad news there, and the later engines and brakes can be adapted.  Basic interior, and not a whole lot of fun to drive or work on, but pleasant enough if you can find a good one.  Very Autoshite, but not really worth restoring a rough one IMO.    I think that's about it! 

On 2/19/2020 at 5:00 AM, trigger said:

That blue Allegro was on ebay 18 months ago.

Screenshot_20200219_045755_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.2c694b66bfaedc015151c918bfdf6683.jpg

Plus, incase anyone hasn't noticed there's more photos of the cars on their website. 

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/b4e12819241cc188e9602114fbde3435/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/vintage-and-classic-cars-to-include-many-ford-mk-i’s-mk-ii/?currentPage=1

Looks like nobody’s gave a FOR X.

evesham you say, best check it isn’t under water, bad weather over that way.

Given the impending End of Days -  (flooding and pestilance) - there may be some bargains here.  On the other hand it may be cancelled. Keep watch.

But I have just seen the extra posting on this...

There is a fun vid. These cars are in terrible condition IMHO so look like spares only.

Access up a very muddy track looks incredibly bad - and thats before punters arrive. So getting anything away will be a serious challenge.

All in all looks a very strange event - worth a vid and entertainment but seriously not for me.

As the say on Dragons Den...I'm out.

Looks like quite a few of those motors have been stored undercover at some point but have been acquired by a hoarder and ended up sitting about exposed to the elements. Odd how quite a few have been imported for abroad just to end up dumped in a field.

Certainly looks like it'd be nigh on impossible to get any of the cars out of the field without a tractor...

The field video has to be one of the grimmest sights I've ever seen, but Jonny and Rich have done a follow up video showing some of the better stuff stored on hard standing. Surprised to see a familiar looking Capranada hearse that was discussed on here fairly recently.

12 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

It talks about you paying before cars can be removed but nothing about how long you have to extract it from the mud and how much help they will give you!

Yeah, right-O. It's probably worth going just to record the carnage after. 'Why have you just come home with a front wing?', '...the rest of the car obliterated when we tried to yank it out of the mud, that's the last time I pay 6 grand for a 1.3L Capri barn find...'

☹️ I really really want to go to this but I have now been asked to work the Saturday, and as it stands with jobs being cancelled because of some virus I need to take the work when I can. I was really keen on the 250 MZ too.

On 3/3/2020 at 1:46 PM, Six-cylinder said:

Do you not think he has learnt his lesson!

Is this personal  code or possibly the person I talked to roger Bradford about many years ago who had a CX for sale at Beaulieu. He said it was a antique dealer and fanatical about rust. 

6 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

It does seem a remarkably half-arsed attempt at flogging vehicles doesn't it? Flog them from a partially submerged field that no-one can actually get to. Genius...

Maybe the ulterior motive was to keep as many of them as possible?