Auction of a fleet of old Shite! Evesham 7th March

Floatylight

3 hours ago, quicksilver said:

The auctioneers' descriptions look as hopeless as most of the cars. Clearly not their area of expertise and not exactly confidence-inspiring.

If you write one as Ford ‘Grenada’ then that does speak volumes

Despite all the publicity around this, I reckon there might be a few bargains to be had given all the OSF stuff is right at the end of the auction. The 'serious' bidders will probably be keeping their hands in pockets until those ones come around, so some of the less desirable early lots might be reasonable (watch how wrong this prediction turns out to be). Checking the results for the Hull sale will give an indication of what some of them will go for, given that it's unlikely they will sell for less than they were bought for last year (or whenever it was). I think a friend of mine bought a couple of more interesting cars from this collection a few months ago and who knows what else has already been sold privately, so perhaps these are the 'dregs' and nobody expects them to fetch that much? 

Anyway, lots I'd like, nothing I can afford. Green Polo oddly alluring for reasons I can't fully explain.

1 hour ago, barrett said:

Despite all the publicity around this, I reckon there might be a few bargains to be had given all the OSF stuff is right at the end of the auction. The 'serious' bidders will probably be keeping their hands in pockets until those ones come around, so some of the less desirable early lots might be reasonable (watch how wrong this prediction turns out to be). Checking the results for the Hull sale will give an indication of what some of them will go for, given that it's unlikely they will sell for less than they were bought for last year (or whenever it was). I think a friend of mine bought a couple of more interesting cars from this collection a few months ago and who knows what else has already been sold privately, so perhaps these are the 'dregs' and nobody expects them to fetch that much? 

Anyway, lots I'd like, nothing I can afford. Green Polo oddly alluring for reasons I can't fully explain.

You are right. Dregs the trade don't want except a few stars. I tried to shift a couple of 'cult' 50's non-running British cars at a very posh country house classic car auction once. They were on at the end...by that point the Ferraris had sold and everybody else had gone home...total waste of time.

If these are no reserve they will sell but given the logistics and V5 position prices may prove low...

Helpful catalogue that, address on many pages is the auctioneers base in Ledbury, one mention that the auction site is a field and an arrow to a map, no address. Yes you can see the road name and it is near Evesham, not exactly encouraging attendance though. 

Having said that I live about 20 mins away and do have a 4x4 so could make an appearance, I'm not brave enough to actually buy anything at this risk level though. And have nowhere to put it.

That blue Allegro was on ebay 18 months ago.

Screenshot_20200219_045755_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.2c694b66bfaedc015151c918bfdf6683.jpg

Plus, incase anyone hasn't noticed there's more photos of the cars on their website. 

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/b4e12819241cc188e9602114fbde3435/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/vintage-and-classic-cars-to-include-many-ford-mk-i’s-mk-ii/?currentPage=1

51 minutes ago, trigger said:

That blue Allegro was on ebay 18 months ago.

Screenshot_20200219_045755_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.2c694b66bfaedc015151c918bfdf6683.jpg

Plus, incase anyone hasn't noticed there's more photos of the cars on their website. 

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/b4e12819241cc188e9602114fbde3435/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/vintage-and-classic-cars-to-include-many-ford-mk-i’s-mk-ii/?currentPage=1

Coupe ?

Surely describing it as "base" would generate more interest. Well with the likes of us it probably would. 

I went to this place 20 odd years ago at a Capri club meet. Badgers Hill it was called. There was a Capri limo, Del boy Capri and a Capri monster truck amongst other junk. All mouldy and parked in long grass. There was also a fibreglass Aston Martin Capri ' replica'. 

I can remember all those from that long ago but where did I put my phone???

Looking at the photos more closely, quite a lot of these look like complete wrecks or at best good sources of spares. 

The 504 and the GS look like they MIGHT be okay but it's difficult to tell without having a prod around in person. 

Annoyingly I can't go it seems as I'm already booked for that weekend. Does anyone know what the deal with phone/online bidding is regarding collecting anything you win? 

2 minutes ago, MrSchwifty said:

Looking at the photos more closely, quite a lot of these look like complete wrecks or at best good sources of spares. 

The 504 and the GS look like they MIGHT be okay but it's difficult to tell without having a prod around in person. 

Annoyingly I can't go it seems as I'm already booked for that weekend. Does anyone know what the deal with phone/online bidding is regarding collecting anything you win? 

The terms and conditions of the auction will state you need to remove within X days or pay storage charges, usually. 

42 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

I went to this place 20 odd years ago at a Capri club meet. Badgers Hill it was called. There was a Capri limo, Del boy Capri and a Capri monster truck amongst other junk. All mouldy and parked in long grass. There was also a fibreglass Aston Martin Capri ' replica'. 

I can remember all those from that long ago but where did I put my phone???

I'm slightly surprised that, bearing in mind the various versions and custom editions, there was never a Capri "Sun".