Auction of a fleet of old Shite! Evesham 7th March

Floatylight

Just come across this on fb, may be of interest to many!

Pics are just random selection

Maybe an AS day out..

PLANNING TO ATTEND

[mention=28593]Kowalski[/mention] [mention=20743]Yoss[/mention] @andyberg

http://www.hjpugh.com/tractorsales/070320catalogue.pdf

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

a3793990fa5ebfc2be4f23bc5e23b178.jpgb46f12faef40581b8d52ca1bf4eacf39.jpg064bdbc266a763f6855bd981233c4ef6.jpg

Strewth there's some dismal old shit in that lot. I wonder what the story is? Presumably some lunatic whose idea of 'saving' cars is to leave them in a damp field for years (while he goes out buying more cars). WOuld love to know what the reg is of the Marina pick-up as it might be my old one from about 1999!

My favourite is probably the gold Granada Scorpio 2.0 wih the beige interior.

1100071690_PREVIEW.JPG

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/lot/fc9f8219de7f5aed948151ab09d93f3e/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/vintage-and-classic-cars-to-include-many-ford-mk-i’s--lot-171/

Strewth there's some dismal old shit in that lot. I wonder what the story is? Presumably some lunatic whose idea of 'saving' cars is to leave them in a damp field for years (while he goes out buying more cars). WOuld love to know what the reg is of the Marina pick-up as it might be my old one from about 1999!
My favourite is probably the gold Granada Scorpio 2.0 wih the beige interior.

1100071690_PREVIEW.JPG
https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/lot/fc9f8219de7f5aed948151ab09d93f3e/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/vintage-and-classic-cars-to-include-many-ford-mk-i’s--lot-171/
That did catch my eye as well..

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Strewth there's some dismal old shit in that lot. I wonder what the story is? Presumably some lunatic whose idea of 'saving' cars is to leave them in a damp field for years (while he goes out buying more cars)...

You might be closer to the truth than you think.....

WTAF is going on with the auction site listing full VIN and registration numbers for the tidy mk1 Escrots? I can see that going one way only. 

Lowlight Moggie looks tasty. Beagle camper ultra rare as well. GT6 looks lovely, although from a different source I'd have thought. 

Where do all these hopeless collections of old knackers keep coming from? First there was Stondon, then James Hull, then that lot in Preston last year, and now this. Is everyone trying to cash in on the classic car boom by hoarding old shit and selling it for £££ as OMGBARNFINDS?

EDIT: sad to see some of these are ex James Hull cars that used to be at Bicester Heritage so I thought their future would be secure there. How did they end up here? The DAF is ex Stondon too so the merry-go-round of hoarding and selling continues.

2 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

Where do all these hopeless collections of old knackers keep coming from? First there was Stondon, then James Hull, then that lot in Preston last year, and now this. Is everyone trying to cash in on the classic car boom by hoarding old shit and selling it for £££ as OMGBARNFINDS?

Possibly environmental law. 

Of course this may not be on depending on the location and weather. Not only that you need a trailer to get these away but also a 4x4 unless the auctioneers will get them to the nearest hardstanding...that assumes that the axles will stay on with a tug...otherwise it's a tractor with a folk lift and a flatbed.

I expect there will be strict conditions about removal asap. So this kind of thing can be a logistical challenge.

What can seem a bargain can turn otherwise - especially if outbid and home with nothing and costs incurred. 

Given the difficulties around this - this would be an expensive lot of scrap to clear. Especially if they have the Environment Agency enforcing.

Can't help thinking if that RS1600 and RS1800 were genuine they wouldn't be going through a farm sale with a load of scrap. Also wonder where the engine is, especially as they list the engine number and it was MOT ' d a year or so ago. An RS1800 sans BDA is just an RS Mexico !

At least it'll stop people banging on about " If only I'd bought up a load of old Fords and put them in a field as a pension, just think what you'd end up with"  A field full rusty shit, is the answer.

4 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Can't help thinking if that RS1600 and RS1800 were genuine they wouldn't be going through a farm sale with a load of scrap. Also wonder where the engine is, especially as they list the engine number and it was MOT ' d a year or so ago. An RS1800 sans BDA is just an RS Mexico !

At least it'll stop people banging on about " If only I'd bought up a load of old Fords and put them in a field as a pension, just think what you'd end up with"  A field full rusty shit, is the answer.

Which may be why VIN is published - in effect saying what you see is what you get. 

Its a bit like selling a 'Rembrandt' - its always in 'the style of Rembrandt' or 'school of Rembrandt'.