Victoria and Albert Museum "Cars: Accelerating the Modern World"

PaykanHunter

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted here for a really long time. Apologies if you are already know about this. Currently on till Sunday April 19th at the Victoria and Albert museum. Here is your chance to go see a real PAYKAN in the flesh!  V&A asked me to help them with the Paykan story there. I highly recommend you go check it out. 

Now until Sunday April 19th. For more info: Victoria and Albert Museum: Cars: Accelerating the Modern World

spacer.png

I went to see this a couple of weeks ago. Pretty good exhibition, with the theme of how cars have changed the world, both good and bad. The video presentation near the end about various kinds of car nutters around the world was good. They've got Prince Harry's electric E-Type in the foyer,  and a small but very varied collection of cars in the exhibition (including the Tatra T77, which is a monster!). They've also got a special car-themed gift shop outside the exhibition if you're still feeling flush after buying your ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to let you know because of my contributions to their PAYKAN story and display, the curator of the exhibition at V&A has generously offered me to have a few guests to go see the special exhibition free of charge. If you are interested please email me:   shahinarmin@gmail.com   and I will facilitate your visit.

I can only have a limited number of guests so please only if you can make it there for certain before their end date which is April 19th, contact me and I will be happy to get you in.

More info about the exhibition here: https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/cars#articles

spacer.png

spacer.png

^^^ That's a generous invitation!

^^^ Also, that seated figure is an interesting kind of shape! Is he supposed to be be Michelin Man on his day off?

Ah, apparently not.. it's 'Graham', the only person designed to survive a car crash. Umm...
https://www.designboom.com/art/graham-patricia-piccinini-transport-accident-commission-car-crash-07-22-2016/

6 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

^^^ Also, that seated figure is an interesting kind of shape! Is he supposed to be be Michelin Man on his day off?

I forget the figures name, but IIRC it was some sort artist job on what a human would have to look like to best survive a car crash or something like that!

(of course I was wonder how effective it would be against a set of handle bars! LOL :)

48 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

^^^ That's a generous invitation!

Ah, apparently not.. it's 'Graham', the only person designed to survive a car crash. Umm...
https://www.designboom.com/art/graham-patricia-piccinini-transport-accident-commission-car-crash-07-22-2016/

Thank you. How interesting about "Graham". I was wondering what was that all about.