Calling Jamie chod (and other BMW fanciers)

Matty

Not going to be a long running thread this one. Just a bit of advice. Having had my 330ci for a couple of years now, the one thing I'm not over the moon about is the noise. Or lack of it.

So what I'm after (Jamie seems the most obvious as a full time BMW perv) is advice as to what to do about it. I've been down the Powerflow route serveral times in the past. Sometimes with success, other times without. I'm not spending a grand on a full Borla system cos to be frank I ain't got it. 

I'm thinking just a backbox, hopefully stock in appearance, for a bit of an increase in noise. So what does anyone recommend? It's be fuckin handy if it were of sufficient quality that it actually fit without having to dick around with it. Scorpion?

Any advice greatly appreciated as always ??

Where abouts are you based mate? I've had numerous e46s backbox delete and they aren't too droney but sound amazing, beauty being it will still look stock as you can retain your tailpipes but with a bit of stainless pipe it'll be nice and cheap. I'll have a look on YouTube see if I've got any videos of a backbox delete on an m54 

59 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Kindig customs have been fitting a bypass valve thing to their exhausts operated by a solenoid. It's fitted on the down pipe or pipes and on the press of a button deletes all the silencers and exits directly under the car causing much loudness.

Just the thing for a warm summers night when everyone has thier Windows open I you want to take it to 7000 rpm in 2nd at midnight past a row of terraced houses. 

Even better if you've got a dump valve. 

Cutting off "your" ballocks probably wouldnt cure "you" 

1 hour ago, Matty said:

Not going to be a long running thread this one. Just a bit of advice. Having had my 330ci for a couple of years now, the one thing I'm not over the moon about is the noise. Or lack of it.

So what I'm after (Jamie seems the most obvious as a full time BMW perv) is advice as to what to do about it. I've been down the Powerflow route serveral times in the past. Sometimes with success, other times without. I'm not spending a grand on a full Borla system cos to be frank I ain't got it. 

I'm thinking just a backbox, hopefully stock in appearance, for a bit of an increase in noise. So what does anyone recommend? It's be fuckin handy if it were of sufficient quality that it actually fit without having to dick around with it. Scorpion?

Any advice greatly appreciated as always ??

I need a new exhaust for my mv6. I want something ubber quiet.  Because I'm not 15.  

34 minutes ago, New POD said:

Just the thing for a warm summers night when everyone has thier Windows open I you want to take it to 7000 rpm in 2nd at midnight past a row of terraced houses. 

Who pissed on your chips? 

I achieved a nice change to my car by deleting the two rear mufflers/silencers and going straight from there. £250 all in.

Burbles/warbles at idle, roars very nicely above 3000rpm, no droning or intrusiveness otherwise.

EDIT: have a video.
https://youtu.be/H4y-yVase7M

Not sure how the 330ci is set up but you can get 'subtle but noticeable' quite cheaply.

3 hours ago, jamiechod said:

Where abouts are you based mate? I've had numerous e46s backbox delete and they aren't too droney but sound amazing, beauty being it will still look stock as you can retain your tailpipes but with a bit of stainless pipe it'll be nice and cheap. I'll have a look on YouTube see if I've got any videos of a backbox delete on an m54 

Haslingden near Blackburn. That sounds like just the thing to be honest. Who'd you use? The local Powerflow fella round here used to be really good but he's gone really downhill over the last few years.

3 hours ago, jamiechod said:

Also is it a facelift? I have a facelift coupe wing in almost mint condition for free I need it out the way as I'm moving house in 2 weeks 

03 so I think so. Yeah I'll take it off you if you don't want it. Sure you wouldn't sooner sell it though?

1 minute ago, Matty said:

Haslingden near Blackburn. That sounds like just the thing to be honest. Who'd you use? The local Powerflow fella round here used to be really good but he's gone really downhill over the last few years.

ah round the corner from me then! the guy I use religiously is called Arek, polish guy his work is second to none he's done about 20 cars for me now - he will do it for you and can fit you in pretty much straight away. 

its called A&M exhausts in blackburn - any further info don't hesitate to contact me!

1 minute ago, Matty said:

03 so I think so. Yeah I'll take it off you if you don't want it. Sure you wouldn't sooner sell it though?

ive also got a pair of brand new rear shockers for an e46 coupe. I mean a few beer tokens wouldn't go a miss! I'll dig out what I can e46 related before I move :)

3 minutes ago, jamiechod said:

ah round the corner from me then! the guy I use religiously is called Arek, polish guy his work is second to none he's done about 20 cars for me now - he will do it for you and can fit you in pretty much straight away. 

its called A&M exhausts in blackburn - any further info don't hesitate to contact me!

Cheers for that. That's why I wanted your input, reckon you must've had more of these cars than hot dinners ?

3 minutes ago, jamiechod said:

ive also got a pair of brand new rear shockers for an e46 coupe. I mean a few beer tokens wouldn't go a miss! I'll dig out what I can e46 related before I move :)

Yeah brilliant. Just send me a message when your sorted, no rush

4 hours ago, New POD said:

A screamer pipe would be even better.

6 hours ago, Out Run said:

A screamer pipe would be even better.

Indeed.  Some fucking twat and his rowdy mates woke me at 3:30 am by knocking over a neighbours wheely bin and leaving it in the middle of a main road. Let's hope the dick head that goes past on his 50 cc scooter at 6am (that sounds like an F1 car on song) crashes into it an dies in a ball of flame.

#SHUTTHEFUCKUP #Noisepolution 

7 hours ago, jamiechod said:

I find any 4 pot petrol  BMW an absolute chore to drive tbh.

The 6 pots ive managed to eek 30mpg out of them with mixed driving throughout the years.

I got mid thirties mpg out of the v8 on its drive home... Then mid twenties until I moved further into the sticks and the hilly commute dropped it to 15 ?