Storm Dennis surviving Saab 900 convertible!!

brownnova

Final score... 

What have we... it’s a 96 Saab 900 Finnish Floppytop Finesse.  it’s covered a mere 73,000 from new! Barely run in. It features the 2.3 petrol engine for extra thirst points, but it has to be said It has a nice turn of speed!

FF14ABA5-3754-4B7A-A3D3-FEE756A97F9A.jpeg3F95FF5D-ADFC-4A35-B5BE-1D861D37C06C.jpeg

The collection was largely uneventful despite the weather warnings. The weather was ok for the journey there. On arrival at an MoT station the owner met me and explained that he had bought the car a few years back and then given it to a mate. It was now back with him to sell as it has been replaced with an estate. His mate had the V5... But was on his way with it! He said to have a test s drive to check I was happy, which surprised me. 

Once the V5/monies etc were sorted we set off to find a petrol station (which on Anglesey on a Sunday is easier said than done) so we could pez up and inflate the very low tyres. Then it started raining ruining my hopes of roof down fun!
A8C36BF8-2FAE-40CE-AA59-3F4DF2D9DB5C.jpeg

It drives well on the whole. The exhaust is blowing (was stated on the ad) and there’s somewhat of a clunky knock when turning right (which wasn’t). There is also a hideous droning sound between about 50 and 65 mph... Some things to investigate tomorrow! 
7327D4BB-5B04-4786-83D8-2383DF2C7934.jpeg

Back home it was time to investigate... but it has gone dark so... 

F5CE8F3F-92EB-48C6-9944-09A83FA614FA.jpegB15CED7B-4D33-4919-ADCA-F46531E56E51.jpeg

Interior is lovely leather. drivers seat has seen better days... 

813F4AD0-BA21-4C04-9DD4-4FE6F7334C1C.jpeg

And it is utterly utterly filthy in there. Grim!! 
09D27AEC-FF41-4263-B52B-1BEA0C66DEE4.jpeg

Bonus finds... a best of Queen CD! 
96A6522B-A135-47C1-A0F8-D1AF5B42DA85.jpeg

And so far 22p... 

FC2FCF0E-2735-44D8-B80F-73B6A122549E.jpeg

Conclusions: it’s far from a dog. The bodywork is in really good condition. And the engine pulls really well. The suspension knock is the only real worry, probably won’t drive it too far until I’ve looked at that. But for £302.96... you can’t go far wrong! 

£302 for that...bloody bargain and well bought sir!

I've been a serial Swedish car licker for years....they are bloody well built and reliable* (just don't ask about my current XC90 - it's an ungrateful shit!!)  Cant recall seeing a 900 in that shade of green, it;s lovely.

Doesn't sound like too much to get sorted. Fingers crossed for you.

7 hours ago, BoggyMires said:

A rather downtrodden land rover discovery with terminal chassis rot and LED floodlights because you have one life and your going to live it?

Is that phrase a Land Rover thing?!?! I saw the exact vehicle you are describing with a sticker saying that earlier! The sticker made me mentally tell him to FRO. 

Just now, brownnova said:

You’re the one that wanted a modern car... ??

The C5 was for the Brownnovabinobaby. This one is for me. We can call it a push present: 1. Because I’ll be pushing this little one into the world and 2. I’ll probably end up pushing this car on more than one occasion ?
Loads of love, your fully supportive wife/someone who thought this car was going to look like Quasimodo’s uglier brother but it’s actually quite pretty ?

4 hours ago, brownnova said:

A 900 cabrio. Retrieved from Anglesey over the other bridge. 
F0C49971-1920-42B9-83DF-085411E56F05.jpeg

So far it’s ok. Stopped for sustenance and couldn’t get the key out... needs to be in reverse apparently! 
Onward for the home leg! 

My sister lives about a mile from there on Ynys Mon and I'm trying to decide if that picture is taken going to the island or back towards Bangor? 

Just now, New POD said:

My sister lives about a mile from there on Ynys Mon and I'm trying to decide if that picture is taken going to the island or back towards Bangor? 

Back towards Bangor... we Britannia’d onto the island and Menai’d off it.