Sunday Kolleckshun Under Way

Saabnut

Back home last night after a couple of weeks back at work in Stavanger, determined* that the shite collection has to be reduced as I am going to have a lot less free time for the foreseeable future. This happy state of mind lasted for very nearly 24 hours. Due to the weather I could not face outside so went to see @kinkersaab of this parish to drink his tea, and maybe even be offered a biscuit.  I went over in the recently acquired Renault Modus which despite being brilliant, I have not warmed to, and on arrival I was relieved to see "Compost Corner" was empty and saddened to see the biscuit tin in the same state. Mr Kinker however had other plans for my resolution and my wallet and took me into the back (ooo errr) and promptly showed me some prime shite with the words, saw it was Left Hand Drive and thought of you. I refused a test drive as it was raining and to limit my wantage, but took a seat in it. Started it up, as you do, at which point Mr Kinker opened the workshop door so I was obliged to take the previously refused test drive.

These cunning sales tactics worked like a charm, as he knew it would, and on my return a deal was done and I kollect tomorrow. Bugger*

Got home to see a missed call on my answering machine. I phoned my friend back. I now have another car to kollect this week, although this one will require the trailer. Bugger* Squared.

This does mean that I have an excuse to move the Modus on, so a for sale advert is coming up. Tomorrows kollectee is a bit modern for me, like anything post steam era, and was actually made this millenium. Always fancied one but the complexity of the badermatic transmission has always put me off, but what the hell! Details tomorrow.

No. not American!

Heavy snow delayed plans this morning, but it has now cleared. Too late for breakfast, but have an elevensies shot taken with my potatocam. Going to drink my coffee then head off to pick up a friend to drive the Modus back. Only 20 miles away, so not an exciting kolleckshun.

1058595017_IMG_03381.thumb.JPG.cff4948228ad9e7ba82da5c2a30f90db.JPG

4 hours ago, loserone said:

No mate, it's a Modus.

*farts in general direction

3 hours ago, yes oui si said:

Isn't there a remap for those that also helps the gear change lag? Not driven one more than five miles but the box was so weird ?

buy the later mitsu engined one :P

apparently you can but letting off as you shift like a bike helps = and its free

also take limiter off :D

nick - youre too tall (no wai you fit) /polite

20 minutes ago, hairnet said:

*farts in general direction

buy the later mitsu engined one :P

apparently you can but letting off as you shift like a bike helps = and its free

also take limiter off :D

nick - youre too tall (no wai you fit) /polite

I fit in them okay, surprisingly. 

I used to daily a Minimetro ffs ?

1 hour ago, brownnova said:

Still... a Smart car is one I’ve always fancied having a go in. It’s an iconic design really.

Had one as a "free" upgrade on a Matriz as a hire car in Greece once.

Hire place didn't seem impressed when I returned it saying next time, I'll have a Matriz. Hateful little thing, couldn't get use the gearbox and felt totally unsafe on the whindy roads.

Good luck.

My abiding memory of a smart car is seeing one going round the Muchalls bends on the A90 (Saabnut will know where I mean). I was in the outside lane southbound, this yellow smart was in the inside lane. It was bucking forwards and backwards rather violently with every imperfection in the road. I was expecting a large incident to occur at any moment. It didn't, so the driver of that smart was very skilled or very lucky!