Back from the dead ...

Richieg

Welcome back.

Love the Polonezssssss...Polonezeseses....Whatever! :D I've been fascinated by them since What Car? magazine gave them a 1 blob out of 5 score for almost every criteria in the late 1980s/1990s road tests.

The Datsun Cherry is sub zero cool imo. In fact the whole collection is bloody ace.B)

Owning one older car causes me anxiety. Owning 43 (+ 3 buses) must be a sign of great mental toughness.

9 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

We are both beaten by @nigel bickle who makes us look like we are under performing learners!

Bless Nigel . I know Nigel . He has relieved me of a yugo 511 I had to pass on . It is an illness or something ! I just hate modern cars and I must be stock piling for my next 50 years of driving lol 

1 minute ago, brownnova said:

Wow.... just wow!!! That collection really is something! Every one a winner too! Very jealous. Between you, Saabnut, 6-cyl and Mr Bickle I feel I really should start adding more to my collection... 

Trouble is the larger the collection the more neglect that takes place. 

11 hours ago, Richieg said:

20200214_224540.jpg

I had a 120a coupe that was badly painted black back in the late 80's

Any idea what the reg is,did it come from north Kent ?

20190401_185806.thumb.jpg.2bed484ab2620f6368d906a0bfdea2e8.jpg

I owned this one owner 21k mile one too in the late 90's that i should never of sold.

If you are ever looking to rehome yours then let me know.

Wow! Amazing collection and some fantastic saves. I particularly like the 120a coupe - I don't think I've ever seen one in the metal. 

As for the earliest Chrysler Alpine known, are you in the south west? I remember seeing it parked up in the 'don't crush these cars' area at a local breakers around a decade ago iirc. I'm mid Cornwall. 

Intrigued to see updates!

2 hours ago, Craig the Princess said:

How is Paula, the old slag?

Good to see you back Richie

Still waiting patiently.  We have inner and outer sills now and some polonez prima wella wheels plus loads of parts.  Engine is out to be refurbed . Slowly but surely getting there lol

1 hour ago, omegod said:

Those Allegro estates have made me go a bit woozy, dear lord I love them !!!

Me too ! They have been my childhood obsession and they have never gone away . It's the roof line at the back and the tailgate and the long windows that do it for me !! Haha

1 hour ago, UltraWomble said:

We need a lottery winner to purchase a large warehouse which we could open an "Autoshite" museum to house all these wonderful collections of chod.

Now that is THE best idea ever ! Can you imagine how truly amazing that would be !!! 

2 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Wow! Amazing collection and some fantastic saves. I particularly like the 120a coupe - I don't think I've ever seen one in the metal. 

As for the earliest Chrysler Alpine known, are you in the south west? I remember seeing it parked up in the 'don't crush these cars' area at a local breakers around a decade ago iirc. I'm mid Cornwall. 

Intrigued to see updates!

It did come from Cornwall yes . I have had it several years now . Small world isnt it . I adore that car !