Jump to content

Shite Magazine scans


Recommended Posts

YkJQctX.jpg

jaqJibC.jpg

For a short period in the mid 70s a local taxi firm used these and also Moskvich saloons and estates.  

A local farmer had a Wartburg estate for years, had it well into the 1980s. He was called Worzel Gummidge because, errm, he looked like Worzel Gummidge. Absolutely fucking loaded yet drove a smoky Wartburg and had straw in his hair. Top bloke. Top dead bloke. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That 230 generation of Cedric/Gloria was quite cleanly-styled for the time, I think they look great. It's odd how the following 330-series became so much more heavy and '70s looking when most of its competitors started going for a simpler look.

Peter Robinson appears to be remarkably favourable about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

That 230 generation of Cedric/Gloria was quite cleanly-styled for the time, I think they look great. It's odd how the following 330-series became so much more heavy and '70s looking when most of its competitors started going for a simpler look.

Peter Robinson appears to be remarkably favourable about it.

I've always had a thing for the 230s and the 330s ever since I saw segments of 'Seibu Keisatsu' (Western Police roughly translated) where they were used for car chases and stunts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We did get the 10 in the uk with the 1.3 engine but for some reason Renault uk badged some of the smaller engined 10s as 8s.

i did wonder how well the Granada sold in Australia with Ford already selling the locally made falcon there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Richard_FM said:

We did get the 10 in the uk with the 1.3 engine but for some reason Renault uk badged some of the smaller engined 10s as 8s.

i did wonder how well the Granada sold in Australia with Ford already selling the locally made falcon there.

The Consul/Granada was never sold in Australia, it was anticipated but never was. It was same deal with the Hillman Avenger, many predicted it would be marketed here but in the end never made it to Aus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Richard_FM said:

I did wonder how well the Granada sold in Australia with Ford already selling the locally made falcon there.

The Granada never made it to Australia, I was very surprised to see it reviewed in an Aussie publication. If Cortina sales are anything to go off than it would have been unpopular, I don’t understand what they bothered with it when it was so similar to the Falcon.

5 hours ago, Austat said:

817851175_Scan164.thumb.jpeg.28227ab12277d081136914bf0da64f05.jpeg

I’m glad they went to the bother of taking the trade plates off for the photo shoot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Austat said:

The Consul/Granada was never sold in Australia, it was anticipated but never was. It was same deal with the Hillman Avenger, many predicted it would be marketed here but in the end never made it to Aus.

Thanks for letting me know,  the avenger was sold in the USA as the Plymouth cricket but didn’t sell very well.  I think someone in an episode of columbo crashes one when it would have been quite new.
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...