Shite Magazine scans

Austat

5 hours ago, Austat said:

1230378863_PlasticFantastic!(December1972)(1).thumb.jpg.6dc9d5241b918a73ea30072dba202e70.jpg119984559_PlasticFantastic!(December1972)(2).thumb.jpg.699084ae3a0230bfbc6e02573600f0d3.jpg

What year was that? The Riley is still on the UK.gov website but as grey, not yellow. Of course it may be that grey is the original colour and the owner never got around to notifying the licensing authorities what he did.

15 hours ago, artdjones said:

What year was that? The Riley is still on the UK.gov website but as grey, not yellow. Of course it may be that grey is the original colour and the owner never got around to notifying the licensing authorities what he did.

This issue of Hot Car is from December 1972.

24 minutes ago, Austat said:

So it must have been put on the system when it went computerized. Maybe it's still around. The story is fairly unusual in that he must have fibreglass moulded the complete body from the original Riley one. 

Some BLMC Australia prototype fwd V8 Landcrabbery from 1969.

Story is mainly about the Leyland P76 but includes some info on the short but rather fascinating Landcrab 4.2 V8 development.

Scans are not the best quality and one page appears to be missing, but the gist of the story is there. Click on the pic to make it clearer.

Just the thought of a factory-issue fwd Rover V8-powered Landcrab!!!  Imagine if they'd continued the design onto the Princess.

AFKuy5j.jpg

FBpVPBY.jpg

daGoJ70.jpg

YHQEzXH.jpg

On 5/21/2021 at 8:33 AM, Austat said:

Ah good old Hot Car. I used to get it from the village newsagent as a nipper. I remember thinking that Riley was the coolest thing ever....I still do, come to think of it! Of course I've bought countless mags since, but it's the ones in HC that stick in my brain.

• 2 weeks later...