Shite Magazine scans

Austat

33 minutes ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Not 100% but is that the FE Victor that ended up with the gull-wing doors & gold paint?

The only Gullwing Victor I remember was , I thought , called Invader and an FD. Can't find any pictures of that but did find ' What a commotion" again an FD but on a K plate and seemed to start off very similar to that FE.image.jpeg.1828b4ade943933fe475da994ec1edeb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9474c9295426e9789d527830d992ea8f.jpeg

Also this yellow thing that also seems to have been matte black subsequently 

image.thumb.jpeg.927edcedaf9dfe4160a274061afd9615.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

I’d love to know what became of a lot of these old custom cars? Maybe the owners moved on and had other commitments and the car still sits in some council lock up somewhere.

People have been searching for What a Commotion for years, owner emigrated, he was from the town I grew up in.

The yellow gullwing was scrapped.

Loads here;

https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/whatever-happened/

42 minutes ago, Austat said:

In commemoration of the recent news that Holden is dead. A mate of mine works at the GMH design studios in Melbourne, he's worked there for 30+ years, so this post goes out to him:

485076968_HoldenHK(March1968).thumb.jpeg.4032e72b37ac97f5dbca513b0c6dcc9a.jpeg 1869962448_HoldenToranaGTR(August1970).thumb.jpeg.296deae77f2f3f981a3264b45a59ed99.jpeg  

2075981957_HoldenToranaGTR(December1971).thumb.jpeg.dd1776e6d82ee364d961ccef659ee5a0.jpeg  1463665900_HoldenToranaGTR(February1971).thumb.jpeg.73d51e34ce4238e91ad39228dd77ec91.jpeg

Holden/GMH (1856 - 2020), RIP.

To be fair, Holden's demise was made easier the moment that it became too expensive to build them in Australia.

I also get the impression that GM's ultimate aim is to stop catering for right-hand-drive markets.

3 hours ago, sierraman said:

I’d love to know what became of a lot of these old custom cars? Maybe the owners moved on and had other commitments and the car still sits in some council lock up somewhere.

Mostly they would have had the engines put in another project, if worthwhile, then scrapped.

These would would have been rusty old heaps ,bodged together with a lot of fibreglass and filler in the days when the MOT was very lenient and in any case a blank one was only £25.

Me and a mate looked at a CF , HiRoller which was a magazine featured well known van in the late 70's, by about 1984 it was sat on a housing estate in Milton Keynes , completely fucked- we wanted the Rover V8 , the owner wouldn't break it, so we walked away.

11 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Me and a mate looked at a CF , HiRoller which was a magazine featured well known van in the late 70's, by about 1984 it was sat on a housing estate in Milton Keynes , completely fucked- we wanted the Rover V8 , the owner wouldn't break it, so we walked away.

Are you taking about Cliff Marsh's Bedford CF "High Roller"?

18.thumb.jpg.222df2258ed85c2d4c30c2823b49728e.jpg

So some L'Auto-Journal magazines have arrived in the mail today, I've been keeping my eye out for them as they should have some good french shite to scan.

IMG_3298.thumb.jpg.bc675f2a6fd8f60d2a3b4bdb7c6642cb.jpg

There's one slight problem, they're too large:

IMG_3299.thumb.JPG.08f1d6641336e5d09f317da27ae44744.JPG

Turns out they were printed out in A3 size, so I can't scan them as my scanner can only take A4 or smaller. Anyway I'll scan some other stuff during the meantime, but keep an eye out for some french shite once I resolve the size dilemma.

1 hour ago, Austat said:

So some L'Auto-Journal magazines have arrived in the mail today, I've been keeping my eye out for them as they should have some good french shite to scan.

There's one slight problem, they're too large:

Turns out they were printed out in A3 size, so I can't scan them as my scanner can only take A4 or smaller. Anyway I'll scan some other stuff during the meantime, but keep an eye out for some french shite once I resolve the size dilemma.

An A3 scanner is a worthwhile investment if you're scanning a lot of old magazines or brochures.  As well as dealing with the awkward size stuff, it allows you to scan A4 size items twice as fast and double page spreads are no problem. They're not necessarily that expensive. 

1 hour ago, adw1977 said:

An A3 scanner is a worthwhile investment if you're scanning a lot of old magazines or brochures.  As well as dealing with the awkward size stuff, it allows you to scan A4 size items twice as fast and double page spreads are no problem. They're not necessarily that expensive. 

I’ve got the motor magazine collection of road tests which I’ve been meaning to scen for ages but the paper size is just more than a4 so it’s really hard to get a page scanned in one go.  It’s just about possible if the margins aren’t tight but otherwise it’s 2 scans per page with a lot of fiddling with software to get the 2 scans lined up.  At least the stuff I’m currently working through is a4 or less.  I’ll upload some soon.