Collection fred

Bren

I was due to look at a 55 plate mondeo titanium however the shite weather put paid to this. Things happen for a reason - on my facebook feed something appeared which instantly caught my eye. Cue a short trip to the land of pies and uncle joes' mint balls.

Screenshot_20200211-184044_Google.jpg

The M6 was ok but getting round  Wigan centre is a 'mare - it makes Warrington look well planned. Pulling up at our destination and seeing what I had come to view justified my decision - it was mint. And green.

It is a 2007 1.9 cdti auto. Never seen a green one in the flesh - especially one with chrome roof bars and snowflakes. And a leccy sunroof.

I generally don't show my hand when looking at a car but feck me this is like a two year old car. Even with 136k on the clock. Water pump/ cambelt/ egr done along with inlet manifold and radiator. The seller ( lovely chap) had the car up for £900 including a spare set of 17" alloys. I did'nt haggle - it would have been churlish.

Chap was selling because family were going down to one car - he was quite sad to see it go. He said he travelled 300 miles to buy it. First owner was a fleet company in Sale - after this it went to South Wales.

The only thing I can see it needs is the headlights polishing - they have faded. There is'nt much MOT left ( end March) but I cannot seeing it needing much.

Car drives like it has half the mileage - plenty of power and it picks up if you floor it. The boot is huge and the towbar was a necessity as we have a small trailer.

The passat is now on ebay - just waiting to be messaged to death by idiots.....

Screenshot_20200211-152337_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20200211-183730_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200211-183846_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200211-183908_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200211-183931_Facebook.jpg

This and the generation before it are Vauxhalls that I really hate. And I love old Vauxhalls! We had a 54 plate diesel Vectra at an old place of work as a pool car and I used to love coming back into the yard and getting straight back into my Mondeo. What’s up with the pissrat? I’ve had one of them and it was a fantastic drive. 

On 2/11/2020 at 7:01 PM, Bren said:

It is a 2007 1.9 cdti auto. Never seen a green one in the flesh - especially one with chrome roof bars and snowflakes. And a leccy sunroof.

I generally don't show my hand when looking at a car but feck me this is like a two year old car. Even with 136k on the clock. Water pump/ cambelt/ egr done along with inlet manifold and radiator. The seller ( lovely chap) had the car up for £900 including a spare set of 17" alloys. I did'nt haggle - it would have been churlish.

Chap was selling because family were going down to one car - he was quite sad to see it go. He said he travelled 300 miles to buy it. First owner was a fleet company in Sale - after this it went to South Wales.

The only thing I can see it needs is the headlights polishing - they have faded. 

Car drives like it has half the mileage - plenty of power and it picks up if you floor it. The boot is huge and the towbar was a necessity as we have a small trailer.

Screenshot_20200211-183730_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200211-183846_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200211-183908_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200211-183931_Facebook.jpg

I am in love ??

Welcome to Vectra C estate ownership:

20191009_142032.thumb.jpg.f8c67ddc7493056cf9576611050de142.jpg

Yep. Cap duly doffed. Still awaiting my platinum membership though....

Yours looks to have the full Nav pack like mine. My headlights have been polished but the inside of the light is just as bad so they really need changing.

If the heater goes but works only on 4th setting, it'll be the resistor pack which lives behind the glovebox the right towards the centre console.

Springs are almost a service item they break with boring regularity.

Tinted windows, seat pattern and ypur mentioning of 17" alloys suggest yours is an SRi. If you don't have a spare load cover I might be able to find one for you.

For replacement trim and stuff try a scrappy first before eBay. Scrappies are usually cheaper by a long shot and these Vectras seem plentiful. My recent small haul of stuff cost me £5 instead of nigh-on £40 it would have cost had I bought strictly on eBay .

The V5 states it has the XP pack ( exterior). It even came with the disc for the sat nav still in it's case.

I went around the car yesterday oiling, greasing and topping up. I noticed a few things. One number plate light has gone - easy fix. The rear o/s tyre will not pass an MOT due to a chunk missing from the sidewall - the seller actually gave us a spare tyre so I will get it swapped over.

Once it has a ticket I will give it a service and change the brake fluid - parts are cheap enough. Not had chance to clean it though cos shit weather.

3 hours ago, Bren said:

The V5 states it has the XP pack ( exterior). It even came with the disc for the sat nav still in it's case.

Cool. Basically, your car is the "XP II ('II' because facelift) exterior pack" which means its an SRi 150 but also with a VXR bodykit and optional 19" snow flake alloys and so far all with auto boxes.

Sat Nav option came with Nav optioned cars such as the SRi 'Nav' basically stating mine is a standard SRi with 'Nav pack'.

You did the same thing as me. I've recently re-greased and topped up fluids but despite that the drivers door insists on squeaking every now and again, I also need a check strap for the passenger door that keeps clicking when opened up or closed. I've got most of what I wanted anyway.

Have you got the load cover and boot floor plastic cover?

11 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

Cool. Basically, your car is the "XP II ('II' because facelift) exterior pack" which means its an SRi 150 but also with a VXR bodykit and optional 19" snow flake alloys and so far all with auto boxes.

Sat Nav option came with Nav optioned cars such as the SRi 'Nav' basically stating mine is a standard SRi with 'Nav pack'.

You did the same thing as me. I've recently re-greased and topped up fluids but despite that the drivers door insists on squeaking every now and again, I also need a check strap for the passenger door that keeps clicking when opened up or closed. I've got most of what I wanted anyway.

Have you got the load cover and boot floor plastic cover?

I have the load cover and floor cover. Our check strap is noisy. I am sure there is a bodge that involves rotaing the strap - I am fairly certain that I did this on my first vectra.

12 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

not true. The XPII came with 18" alloys and a 'vxr' style gearknob/front bumper. 

$_86.JPG

Brens is an XP1 - with the snowflakes and standard SRI gearknob/front bumper with skirt kit

• 2 weeks later...

After having the car a few days an ABS light came on.

Some research showed that the hub generally needs replacing. For the sake of a sensor. Wonderful.

Some trawling of the web showed even a blown bulb can show a fault with the ABS. One of the rear number plate bulbs had blown.

A new bulb has extinguished the ABS light.

It's all very odd.

1 hour ago, Cookiesouwest said:

I read on the vectra forum that fitting struts could be a bit risky, due to the ally bonnet. The bonnet can twist apparently. Shame because I wanted to fit some to mine.

Steal bonnet on the omega, hurts when it clouts you on the back of your head! ?