Skizzer’s thread: Honda Aerodeck repairs

Skizzer

14 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Loved the FE video.  I did enjoy my brief drive in that car back when Angrydicky had it, although I do agree about it being undergeared.

That funky new camera of yours is earning its keep - the more recent vids are looking proper professional.

14 hours ago, The Moog said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the Victor vid, really high quality review.

Cheers gents 😊 Still nursery slopes but I’m learning.

38 minutes ago, phil_lihp said:

Excellent video on the Vauxhall.  Good to see it back up and running, last time I saw it, it was sulking at the back of the shed as I recall.

Thanks! I fixed it a while ago - ignition bits - but then it got blocked in behind the E30 after I lost the only key just before lockdown, muppet that I am.

Nice selection of cars there and good to see the airport being used for something useful. 

Enjoying the commentary too with just a hint of Quentin Wilson vs Mumbles twang in it 😉😉😉😉, a compliment by the way. 

Nice drive across the back of Cefn Bryn as well, fantastic set of roads, sticking to the 40mph limit of course 🤣🤣🤣

If you do ever need another pair of hands on a job I'm not a million, well in fact not even a mile as the crow flies, away from your filming location. 

Just subscribed, looks a great channel!! 

No offence to (Gary) kiltox but the whole EV thing and where to charge it has gone a boring for me,but then 2k odd subscribers means he's doing something right.

May change if I ever get one but I'd love to see him resurrect the whole modern hero's thing of a new shitter each month but I get the appeal of basically free fuel in a brand new car meaning that kind of takes over. 

Looks like it will be deadly quiet here after midnight so hopefully I'll catch up on some old skool goodness. 

1 hour ago, vaughant said:

Just subscribed, looks a great channel!! 

No offence to (Gary) kiltox but the whole EV thing and where to charge it has gone a boring for me,but then 2k odd subscribers means he's doing something right.

May change if I ever get one but I'd love to see him resurrect the whole modern hero's thing of a new shitter each month but I get the appeal of basically free fuel in a brand new car meaning that kind of takes over. 

Looks like it will be deadly quiet here after midnight so hopefully I'll catch up on some old skool goodness. 

I hear you, chief. My channel has completely transformed from what it set out to be. There’s a lot of interest in EV and I’m doing a half decent job of riding that wave at the moment. 

Do still have the Rover cabriolet, Clio and Panda 30 and am very keen to feature them - a lot less people watch those videos sadly, but do keep an eye out for some updates in the near future!

This just happened, which is nice 😊

7BC96C32-1751-4D2E-9EC5-EA994092C3E5.thumb.jpeg.1591698b40b03feed522c42fb33026e6.jpeg

Massive thanks to everyone for the support, it’s much more motivating to know people are watching and hopefully enjoying the little films.

Just finalising the edit of the next one, which will be out at teatime on Tuesday.

46 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

7BC96C32-1751-4D2E-9EC5-EA994092C3E5.thumb.jpeg.1591698b40b03feed522c42fb33026e6.jpeg

Massive thanks to everyone for the support, it’s much more motivating to know people are watching and hopefully enjoying the little films.

Just finalising the edit of the next one, which will be out at teatime on Tuesday.

Well done, I'm happy to support new and smaller channels if they are interesting as yours is. 

I left a comment on your fleet video!

Also, once I have my headlining a bit tidier your welcome to come and film my Volvo, if that floats your You Tube boat.

31 minutes ago, Cord Forteener aka Tim_E said:

Well done, I'm happy to support new and smaller channels if they are interesting as yours is. 

I left a comment on your fleet video!

Also, once I have my headlining a bit tidier your welcome to come and film my Volvo, if that floats your You Tube boat.

27 minutes ago, Sunny Jim said:

Could do my 480 at the same time.  Volvos y Gogledd!

Thanks very much! Actually I already have a Volvo 480-related plan lined up, otherwise I’d be all over that...

1 hour ago, Skizzer said:

I mean if I didn't know it was a new channel I wouldn't, you have a very natural professional style with a bit of humour, and you really understand what it means to run a classic car in the 21st century, I had thought of having a channel covering that very idea, but I don't have enough Tat (yet)

1 hour ago, Skizzer said:

Well deserved too - the effort you’re putting in and production values that are resulting definitely shine through!

I've just got around to watching the Victor video. Most enjoyable and nicely done.

Dad liked his Vauxhalls, particularly his FB estate, but after selling it in Germany (forces posting) and being spoilt by the charms of a '66 Taunus 17m estate with its V4 engine, column change and 6volt electrics,  traded the quickly corroding Ford in 1970, soon after returning to the UK. He replaced it with an FE Victor saloon (pictured on his drive with my battered Regal and my brother's Jawa 350). He did not warm to the FE and briefly flirted with a Viva HC estate before becoming a Citroen GSA man until his passing in 1986.  Dad's FE had a black interior, giving it a totally different and somewhat claustrophobic atmosphere compared with your light and airy example. 

Scan 103.jpeg

• Skizzer changed the title to Skizzer’s thread: new video with hot (literally) Lotus action
27 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

As previously reported, the Lotus has been having a mysterious on/off coolant leak, so after a bit of investigation I went for the kill or cure treatment.

Great video, they keep getting better an better, and given that you started out at a high standard that is saying something, I would caution against improving so much as to lose the character of the work, I have seen it happen before, you have a great style and I think it can go a very very long way just keeping things as is, I am very glad I subbed and belled!

7 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Ooh, I do love a bit of suspense in a video!  

That new drone seems like a decent bit of kit - the picture looked pretty good, at least on my shite monitor.

It’s amazing how good it is given its tiny size (said the actress etc).

The only remotely significant thing it won’t do that bigger ones will is automatically follow a moving object, such as a car driving along. But as I normally film by myself I couldn’t legally do that anyway.

That’s greatly outweighed by being less restricted on flying it near public roads,  because it’s less than 250g.

Also, it’s half the price and I’ve got no job at the moment 😬

• Skizzer changed the title to Skizzer’s thread: Honda Aerodeck repairs