Skizzer’s thread: Honda Aerodeck repairs

Skizzer

i watched both of those videos and kept expecting to hear "........is like making love to a beautiful woman"

Skizzer is swiss tony AICMFP 🤣

i'm going to mark you down on the Hunda video though- you talk of pop up headlights but no demonsteration 🤔

What a collection, I read the list and know I would be happy if it was my list. The closest we have to the same cars is the BMW E30 although mine is a late 325i 4 door. Also we both have Gammas although mine is a saloon and body wise very different.

I absolutely loved your YouTube XJS and Honda Aerodeck reviews. I have always shied away from V12s but now the end of petrol engines has been announced maybe it would be good to have one. In 1987 I worked for a Volvo dealer and met the owner of the local Honda dealer, I told him I would come and work for him if he would give me an Aerodeck to drive and I was serious! The only reason you have got that Aerodeck is because I did not spot it in time.

75N Vauxhall 2300S

76P Lotus Elite 503

76P Renault 16TL

79T Rover 3500

79V Vauxhall Royale Coupe

82X Lancia Gamma Coupe

82Y Jaguar XJ-S HE

84A BMW 320i

84B Talbot-Matra Rancho

85C Ford Granada 2.8 estate

87D Renault Espace TSE

89G Honda Accord Aerodeck

91H Audi 80 2.0E

06 Alfa Brera 2.2JTS

14 BMW 428i

18 Skoda Kodiaq

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 1:52 PM, holbeck said:

^^ If people can make stand alone videos for a toaster popping up,  I reckon you could make an aerodeck headlight vid.

Latest episode of Grand Thrift Auto is live.  It kind of rivals a toaster movie for riveting action, because lockdown and weather, but the question is will it feature popup headlamps this time?

On 1/20/2021 at 1:23 PM, Skizzer said:

...I’ve bought an early Renault Espace but haven’t met it yet as @RobT is looking after it for me due to lack of room and lockdown restrictions.

As blind lockdown purchases go, I'd say this is a win.

20210108_145134.thumb.jpg.4b770322107b47aab837c6573d9c2fc0.jpg

20201103_120926.thumb.jpg.e2a030a2e7cdeb90e20f05ff84f8c29a.jpg

I'm using it weekly just to ensure nothing seizes up, and hopefully it's watertight now after some sunroof and driver's door seal bodgery that involved gaffer tape.  I think the clutch cable needs adjusting next, as reverse can be tricky to engage sometimes.  But this also correlates with how feeble my left leg is feeling, so maybe it's me and not the car...

2 hours ago, RobT said:

20201103_120926.thumb.jpg.e2a030a2e7cdeb90e20f05ff84f8c29a.jpg

I am SOOO looking forward to finally getting to meet this at some point. Apart from anything else I have a burning need to conduct all my work videoconferences from one of those fabulous swivel chairs.

@RobT is a legend not only for hosting it while England is cut off but also for steadily working through the (short-ish) snagging list. 

1 hour ago, anonymous user said:

Look what I found. Skizzer, if you would like an age appropriate handbook pm your address and I'll stick it in the post.

20210203_104128.jpg

20210203_104155.jpg

Oo! That’s very kind indeed, thank you. Rob tells me we have one that came with the car — but if you’re looking to de-clutter then I could perv over it to keep me going while lockdown prevents me meeting the real thing...