Concerto: Conclusion?

Ghosty

Them vvt Corollas are a good steer. Our lass has a 04 plate t spirit. It's a nice engine and really comfy car. Even though its manual I think it's got a great pedal position and seating. She paid 250 for hers with 10 months ticket and all receipts and history from new. The owner had massively under priced it and I wasnt even going to haggle.  

On 2/25/2020 at 9:32 AM, vaughant said:

But in fairness I do love a saab/volvo and can see the attraction. Doesn't the volvo auto have major issues though, geartronic? 

Geartronics last well, it's the Powershift that's bad. Ford dual clutch box. 

As mentioned in News 24, I've bought a C30 D5, a bit of a rare beast it turns out (very few D5s on HML), and at a bargain price too, the next D5 I could find was £400 more and 30k higher miles.

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Geartronic C30s are also a bit rare, Powershit ones are more common. Also interestingly they use a five-speed box, an AW55. It's more than enough though, my mum's Bini Cooper S has a very similar 6 speed AW box, and the gears are just too short in it, I always said that didn't need 6 gears (it has similar power but a bit less torque being pez).
Conveniently the Mini takes the same ATF so that can get changed soon, it probably needs doing even though the 'box is smooth. 

It's super super tidy, low mileage (for a D5, at 99k), runs well and is every bit as comfy and powerful as my old 850 - it drives exactly the same which is little surprise as the D5 is a whiteblock derivative. It needs a wheel bearing but I can see it being long serving daily transport. 

It was a main dealer PX against a newer C30 that ended up in a backstreet dealer as the main dealer wouldn't sell it (probably too old/high miles for approved used). 

Appropriately, TN** is a Scottish reg, T isn't a letter that's usually issued but in 2007 TN replaced SN, so SN07 wasn't issued... 

2 minutes ago, dome said:

looked useless for putting a bike in

I think auto/economical/bike friendly is a 'pick 2' situation unless I buy a tired V70 or something. 
Besides, for the amount I actually carry bikes now, it's not worth getting a load lugger. The tailgate aperture on this is arse for big heavy things, but the loadspace is actually quite big. 

Also, the boot is kinda dirty and smells of dog.