How low can you go?

Steve79

Many moons ago I used to work for the Forestry Commission and I had the use of a 1978 LR 109 2.25 petrol as the weather was snowy. While I was using it there was a month long MPG check being done on all our vehicles, the petrol LR was expected to do 18.6 MPG. Driven gently on the ice and snow with an 80 mile commute most days but no off road use it averaged 10.3 MPG over the month. As an added bonus it went the journey at 9 years old because the chassis was crumbling...….

22 minutes ago, sdkrc said:

I was getting <1mpg until I fitted the fuel tank seal.

if that counts then does REV get a shoe in? :mrgreen:

on a more serious note, I seem to recall reading that it was either @xtriple with his (now Zels) jag that managed to get decimal point MPG's showing on the live display, and even managed to get it displaying "--MPG" at one point LOL

or someone with a Jag did that, here we go :) (might not of been with Zels jag looking at the context but ya get the idea!)

On 9/16/2018 at 10:09 PM, xtriple said:

Back when I had one before, 1 mpg was easy getting, it to go blank and flash little lines at you, that took dedication! :)

1 hour ago, Cooper1 said:

I win.. 

fDJh44xl.jpg 

beat that!! :food-smiley-015:

Over ten miles? Impressive, but no go...

37 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

I should be in with a shout of a podium finish here, with a V12 Jaguar with a hyperactive kickdown actuator.  

But the fuel gauge doesn’t work, and occasionally the odometer doesn’t either.

In that case you are disqualified haha!

3 hours ago, rwd said:

Jeep Grand Cherokee on the A30 in Cornwall it was showing 5 mpg   Doing a lot of mph  (Steve79 remember my blue one)

That was properly tidy. Think it was an Orvis. That 242 engine did have rather lot to cope with. Only 185bhp which was barely enough in the smaller cherokee xj, permanent 4wd, viscous fan and not to mention your right foot! ?