that Mazda 323 Coupe in Surrey - ad now expired, no contact

egg

Well, despite a couple more attempts, I never had a response from the seller. The ad on Gumtree is now expired.

@LightBulbFun - would your lookup tool tell us if there has been a change of owner?

If not, all I can do now is see what happens when the MOT expires (22 May).

Car is untaxed, and has been since 30/1/2020 (not SORN'd), so if it gets taxed again, that may be a clue.

Unlike the Visa Cab, no happy ending.

Thanks. The ad was posted on 30/1/2020, so one of two things happened - it sold instantly and is with the new keeper somewhere (who hasn't taxed it). But the ad wasn't deleted.

Or, the current owner bought it on 30/1 and put a for sale ad up the same day?

Curious.

I'm sure there's a very straightforward explanation though.

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Thanks. The ad was posted on 30/1/2020, so one of two things happened - it sold instantly and is with the new keeper somewhere (who hasn't taxed it). But the ad wasn't deleted.

Or, the current owner bought it on 30/1 and put a for sale ad up the same day?

Curious.

I'm sure there's a very straightforward explanation though.

does anyone know/recognise the place the car is pictured in the adverts? and if so can anyone go up and physically find the car/knock on the door of the guy who was selling it?

the good thing is, it still shows up on the main DVLA checker so its not been issued a CoD :)

56 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

does anyone know/recognise the place the car is pictured in the adverts? and if so can anyone go up and physically find the car/knock on the door of the guy who was selling it?

the good thing is, it still shows up on the main DVLA checker so its not been issued a CoD :)

Here's the map that went with the advert. No doubt someone could find it from that, with a bit of sleuthing via Google Streetview...

image.thumb.png.bd902fea3fb0e363c8f67162c607cc40.png

That’s south of Redhill Surrey, just a mile from the Hospital., an area called Woodhatch

The arrow indicates Partridge Road.

I know that part of the country well but my health currently precludes the hour long journey up.

Are there any Shiters nearer, Reigate, Redhill, Harley, Crowley? 

And by the joys of Google maps I've seen an old scooby forester, a stilo hatch and a corsa b.... Then just where I really want to look they've patched it together at three different times, vehicles appearing and disappearing and possibly even changing colour!!! 

But their might be a blue looking 323,probably a hatch rather than saloon but it only shows when you map it in one exact spot, a bit either way and things start moving like magic!!! 

Was it the arse ended one (coupe) with dented bumpers or a mid blue 5door hatch. If the latter, on my Google maps, there is one parked in the first bay on the left outside the front of the terrace of houses. Then if you track down the road to the end of the terrace, as you first look into the garage block area you can see a grey vw camper, when you get to the centre of the garage block entry road the grey camper has moved further down into the garage area, if you then go just up the kerb and turn round the vw has turned white but a blue mazda appears where Mrs6 saw it, another slight movement and the Mazda disappears again and turns into a silver Toyota? 

I think I have found a portal into a world of shite cars! 

If you don't hear from me tomorrow I will have been transported into another time and place! 

Let's hope its better than this one! 

Someone give it a go just to confirm that I haven't totally lost the plot ?

Petridge Road, near woodhatch, Redhill 

13 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Was it the arse ended one (coupe) with dented bumpers or a mid blue 5door hatch. If the latter, on my Google maps, there is one parked in the first bay on the left outside the front of the terrace of houses. Then if you track down the road to the end of the terrace, as you first look into the garage block area you can see a grey vw camper, when you get to the centre of the garage block entry road the grey camper has moved further down into the garage area, if you then go just up the kerb and turn round the vw has turned white but a blue mazda appears where Mrs6 saw it, another slight movement and the Mazda disappears again and turns into a silver Toyota? 

I think I have found a portal into a world of shite cars! 

If you don't hear from me tomorrow I will have been transported into another time and place! 

Let's hope its better than this one! 

Someone give it a go just to confirm that I haven't totally lost the plot ?

Petridge Road, near woodhatch, Redhill 

Interesting. You must be accessing a different Streetview dataset to the version I am using for Petridge Road; mine was updated last in 2012.

If I move along to view the other end of Petridge Road from the adjacent Heston road, we get to August 2015. As if by magic, two blue Reliants appear! :-)
image.thumb.jpeg.002be3593ba329945b337d759175970e.jpeg

Just as an info, you can click on the small streetview button with that small clock icon on the upper left of the screen, that will allow you to switch between all versions of that particular street you are on at the moment as certain areas have been recorded surprisingly often. You can try to force it to stick to a certain month but usually its a bit wobbly when it comes to sticking to a particular time.

5 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Just as an info, you can click on the small streetview button with that small clock icon on the upper left of the screen, that will allow you to switch between all versions of that particular street you are on at the moment as certain areas have been recorded surprisingly often. You can try to force it to stick to a certain month but usually its a bit wobbly when it comes to sticking to a particular time.

Thanks! :-) There are a couple of dates earlier than the August 2015 version, but I couldn't find anything in the vicinity of Petridge Road that was any later than this. Petridge Road itself is stuck in 2012 on the Streetview I can see... :-(

I've just refuelled with a big mac grand meal, bad move. I've gonupto and through the portal and there is no shite anywhere around there any more. A Micra k11 gx with a crumpled nsf corner just down the road but thats it, on my way home shitespotting on the way, I spotted a very pink red L reg carina on the way up, get a pic in a while 

13 hours ago, Schaefft said:

I had no idea about this feature, just spent the last half hour chod spotting my area from 2008