HFM small autos - Cookie's adventures in shiteing

Cookiesouwest

On way back from Minehead, Mrs CSW casually suggested popping into to Kitchen / Bathroom shop.

Now the proud owner of a Settle - yep I didn't know what that was either, dining table and two chairs. Have to pick up in July.

Mrs CSW reckons its a bargain* cause she saved me so much money on buying a modern. That wasn't on my list !

Clock still ticking down. Bout an hour ish

Welcome to Watchet

20210501_165545.thumb.jpg.7681196f5d5ea3ae95ea3700cdd66d99.jpg

The great unveil

Mrs CSW has bought a

20210501_173330.thumb.jpg.3ba7258ff07255cda1dbda9f8e7eae06.jpg

A 2004 Honda CRV 2.0 ivtec Executive with 71k on clock and full service history.

BUT

Checked it over. Not quite as described.

Top of range CD / Satnav but needs code. 

Surprise. No code in paperwork. Not mentioned in add.

Rear boot close sensor inoperative. Not mentioned in add.

Still was going to buy it.

Started it up. Bit of an exhaust blow. Not mentioned in add.

Still was going to buy it.

Took for test drive, which cost me a tenner in unleaded as it was below the empty mkr.

Got back and looked underneath to check for rust.

No rust.

No bloody Cat either, just a wonky bit of pipe badly welded in its place.

20210501_173248.thumb.jpg.546d1ba06436e1147e760f5254936591.jpg

So. Told him, I wont leave bad feedback, if he doesn't.

Walked away

Apologies for the lengthy collection thread, that has resulted in no collection.

:(

1 hour ago, Matty said:

I'd neg him anyway. A scamming twat who knew it had no cat and was hoping you wouldn't notice till it was too late. Arsehole

I agree, that exhaust bodge in place of the missing cat is shocking but some unfortunate clueless type might not Notice and end up buying the thing.

Agreed with the above... neg him and report him. I know generally reporting to eBay is like pissing into a wind tunnel, but I'd do it anyway. He can't neg you back, so if he kicks off laugh at him and tell him to go and play in traffic. :)

It’s a joke that you can’t leave negative feedback for buyers. I recently sold a car on EBay and my buyer never showed up for collection and is now ignoring my messages but I am unable to leave him negative feedback, EBay is shite!!!

8 hours ago, Tubbo said:

It’s a joke that you can’t leave negative feedback for buyers. I recently sold a car on EBay and my buyer never showed up for collection and is now ignoring my messages but I am unable to leave him negative feedback, EBay is shite!!!

I never use ebay for selling anymore. They provide no protection or support for sellers. I agree, they are shite.

• Cookiesouwest changed the title to Another EBAY purchase made - Cookie's adventures in shiteing
8 minutes ago, Cookiesouwest said:

After the disappointment of yesterday, I perused ebay and this morning made an offer on a car.

Just accepted and holding deposit paid.

Coming soon to a beige forum near you - Car Collection the sequel :)

Hopefully a better outcome than the last one!

Good luck mate 💪💪