HFM small autos - Cookie's adventures in shiteing

Cookiesouwest

• Cookiesouwest changed the title to Cookie's adventures in shiteing - A clean golf
  • Cookiesouwest changed the title to Cookie's adventures in shiteing - Fleet slimming

The golf v5 has departed for pastures new, to the next village over. FB marketplace turned up trumps for once.

The buyer was just like me. I could tell he had already decided to buy it, before he had even seen it :)

What next? Well Mrs CSW insists no more buying cars and would be quite pleased if the ginger disastra left the fleet too.

Decided it was not the best moment to tell her 1. I might have a ticket in a roffle 2. The disastra needs a few hundred quids worth of work

TBF a roffle win (if im that lucky), is technically speaking not buying a car. Its winning a car. I suspect Mrs CSW may not understand the nuance between the two.

• Cookiesouwest changed the title to Cookie's adventures in shiteing - Honda keeps on Hondaing
  • Cookiesouwest changed the title to Cookie's adventures in shiteing - The roffle 3 day collection / delivery

So, as some of you will know, I was the very lucky winner of a Roffle conducted by @Jamie.

A 2002 BMW 520i ES SE.

Due to lockdown and my inability to get the time to visit sunny Preston, from down here in cloudy Somerset, you won't be getting a normal collection thread.

Instead a very nice man with a trailer @worldofceri, who I have used before (the ginger disastra), has been engaged to transport this Bavarian delight south.

Collected this morning from Jamie

IMG_70781.thumb.jpg.7a6f385e0ef575dd741f366e82312c23.jpg

It will be delivered to me on Wednesday :)

Just need to chase up the garage for an MOT date.

I have had 2 pre facelift E39 (both manual 523i). I am much excited and have spent my time since the roffle win, trawling the Internet for a few things to improve* the car.

• Cookiesouwest changed the title to Cookie's adventures in shiteing - Large Roffled Bavarian has arrived

So the Mrs will be home at 5.30 and will naturally want to drive the Bimmer. May not react well to an EML, even though it was a roffle win.

Just under 1.5 hrs for suggestions as to excuses for her not to drive. Dont need suggestions for a good divorce lawyer as @Agilahas already kindly supplied details of one :)

So, off you go folks ........

• Cookiesouwest changed the title to Cookie's adventures in shiteing - Excuses for not driving the Bimmer

@JamieAbsolutely. Sold and delivered fine mate. Just one of those things.

Ceri bunged a tenner in it. Never had a beemer that threw an EML for low fuel, but then never had a M54 engine before.

Will put some more go go juice in and read code when I get an adapter that works.

Wasn't posting to complain - hell its a 30 quid car - just need a good excuse for Mrs CSW lol

Hopefully it will be something of nothing mate, I did about 30 miles in total in it, let us know how you get on. Ive got a c110 code reader I got for 30 quid off ebay a BMW specific one which diagnoses all modules in E series cars and resets them 

2 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Hopefully it will be something of nothing mate, I did about 30 miles in total in it, let us know how you get on. Ive got a c110 code reader I got for 30 quid off ebay a BMW specific one which diagnoses all modules in E series cars and resets them 

Thanks. Did some googling. Weirdly it can throw an EML if fuel goes too low.

I stand corrected. Off to the petrol station with two empty cans for filling.

It did it to me not long after I got it. I have a habit of running things until the low fuel light flounces off in a huff because I refuse to listen to it. I pushed my luck too far one day and ran it to the point that it misfired and the EML came on. After I'd got some fuel and restarted it everything was alright with the world and I resolved to not let it get so low in future.

I’ve driven it on and off the trailer twice and was idling fine. Put about 9l of unleaded in but the low fuel light was still on! Don’t know about the eml. I tend not to take any notice of such things! It’s done three starts from stone cold with lights on and blowers on max without getting a chance to warm up or recharge the battery, so voltage may be low.

I bunged two cans of fuel in it, but then had to take Mrs Cookie for a meal out - blatant bribery / ass kissing she called it because another car joined the fleet. She was not wrong :)

So still not actually driven it yet. Might be able to tonight, if I get time.

Sadly due to some very sick relatives (Uncle massive stroke, Mum possible broken hip), playing with cars is not priority today.

Will probably get it to Shell tomorrow evening to fill her tank up.