HFM small autos - Cookie's adventures in shiteing

Cookiesouwest

Leaving shortly, for a multi stage collection (fingers crossed).

1. Drive to parents to check they are ok

2. Drive to mates house to drop my Veccie and get lift in his Volvo

3. Go see and hopefully collect car

4. Drive car to mates house. Pick up veccie to drive home

Then at some point in near future, get lift to mates house to pick up car and finally bring it home.

No collection. Maybe I'm getting too picky in my old age.

Saab 9-5 2.3 lpt SE Estate. 162k yr 2000

20200422_162140.thumb.jpg.179aae4e22c826074e29adceb2896ed2.jpg

3 alloys badly corroded. Locking wheel nut missing. 4 areas of damage to windscreen. One tyre cracking. Rust in two places on bonnet and needed new badge. Ripples in both nearside doors, very bad scrape on right of rear bumper. Elec mirrors not working. Ashtray broken. Oil leak from top right hand side of head.

Drove great. Extensive service history and I do mean extensive.

600 quid ono. I didn't make one. I walked away. I'm too picky :(

44 minutes ago, andyberg said:

One of my bucket list cars, but does seem a tad expensive. You would think with mega history it would be a little more up together? 

From the two phone conversations with owner, he mentioned giffer mark on rear bumper and rust spots on bonnet. Neglected to mention the giffer marks on all panels and all the other bits.

Glad you think it was a tad overpriced cause I've been wondering all the way home.

On the plus side, I've now had practice of doing a collection thread. Just missed the wollard and pez shot :)

Still on my wish list though. Drove lovely and a very nice place to sit. 

People do say SAAB seats are amongst the most comfortable seats around. Maybe I'll try if I don't like (yeah right) the 166.

Im looking forward to my collection, but I must make sure I get all the necessary items done, breakfast, poo count, wollard and pez shot ?

1 hour ago, Hertz said:

£600 seems a fair price to me. The ad says o.n.o so maybe he would take £450-500 for it? Shame it wasn't as good as you thought but bargains are hard to come by even in a lockdown scenario by the look of it.

I think at even 500 it's too much.

I know I'm operating on banger budget, but as my mate said when viewing it - You wont be able to resist making it perfect and its gonna cost loads.

I definitely think there are better condition cars available for same cash.

I know I'm picky and this is autoshite, but I still want to buy the best condition car I can for my cash.

15 hours ago, Cookiesouwest said:

Because its pre 2001, its 23 quid a month. The later ones are definitely in the OMG bracket

Ah, just remembered a friend picking up one and nearly choking on their coffee when they went to tax it, thinking about it that was on a 51 plate though.

It also promptly then shredded its bottom end due to the sump pickup sludging issue these are prone to within days.

24 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Ah, just remembered a friend picking up one and nearly choking on their coffee when they went to tax it, thinking about it that was on a 51 plate though.

It also promptly then shredded its bottom end due to the sump pickup sludging issue these are prone to within days.

Daft tax doesn’t start until mid 2006. 

So after the disappointment of the Saab, I have bought a car.

I've not seen it in the metal, not driven it obviously. Its located 103 miles away.

I've just sent 695 of her majesty's finest pounds to someone I have only spoken to for 5 mins.

This will either be a brilliant buy, or grounds for divorce.

Time will tell. A thread of sorts will be done, but wont have a pez shot (it will be arriving on a truck), but should get all the rest of the required collection info in.

More shortly.

Car has been insured. 18.59 pm. Not bad with zilcho NCB.

A gentleman of this parish, namely @worldofceri has been contracted to collect the car Weds afternoon. No idea if he will do pictures, but I will do some of my day and of course arrival of car.

Quite excited / nervous. Excited because it's on my extensive wish list. Nervous because if its shit, Mrs CSW is really going to go mental*

*especially as I was meant to be finding a Golf in a frock for her aka a new beetle. What I've bought is not a Golf in a frock

6 hours ago, Cookiesouwest said:

A gentleman of this parish, namely @worldofceri has been contracted to collect the car Weds afternoon. No idea if he will do pictures...

I'll send you pictures.  If I can remember my password so I can log in on my phone I might even post them up on here!