Hoarding for speculation

Aston Martin

I think that applies to all the sporty Toyotas of the 80s* and is probably true of the 90s (if it isn't already). All very decent cars  in their own ways but they all rust, didn't sell in huge numbers and there were never any repair panels or anything available. 

*Corolla GTi-16 FWD & GT-Coupe RWD, Celica GTi-16 FWD & 4WD Turbo GT4, MR2 AW11, Celica Supra 2.8i A70, later Supra A80.

Until I thought about it just now I had forgotten how ace the Toyota model line was in the late 80s. Something for everyone, and the A80 Supra with 5 different engines (2.0 NA or Twin Turbo, 3.0 NA or Turbo, 2.5 Twin Turbo, though we only got the 3.0).

I don't think anyone else had such a diverse range, Nissan or Honda might had come close.

14 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

Time for a ramble.... I was reading an article, I forget where and it was about how the Japanese have been storing good R34 Skylines for years in preparation for when they can hit the USA, which is what they also did for R32 and R33s.

One commenter said "People are doing the same thing with Saxo VTS'ses. But for the UK" I was intrigued as when was the last time you saw one for sale? Let alone bombing about.

I'm sorry to say that in my befuddled early morning state I completely misread the above post, and was left wondering why there was such a big following for hot Saxii in the US. 

5 hours ago, stripped fred said:

I meant the mk1's. I might be a bit out of touch though.

I guess it’s kinda true with the mk1. I know of at least one hoarder/expensive breaker like you refer to.

They do still get broken privately, just nearly everything that anyone would want from them is fucked, anyway.

I broke the ‘mk1.5’ I owned, only a few years back, and turbo bits aside, there wasn’t that much demand for parts. I got shot of a load of it in a job lot.