Mitsubisi galant collection trip !!

garellikatia

I feel as though a good old roffle isn't complete without a collection thread, so heres the plan!! 

Whilst Schaefft was sorting the MOT for his replacement car it gave me time to sort insurance (and more importantly a baby sitter haha) were ready for a collection tomorrow !! 

Got the train booked from Hull and Managed to swap the mini for the Galant on my classic car policy for an extra £80! Not bad at all!! 

More updates tomorow 

Haha was a pleasure to meet you. I wish I had found the time to clean the car but I guess it would look like this once you arrive in Hull anyway? Hope your journey goes well, definitely gonna follow your progress on the car. I completely forgot to take a picture as well.? And thanks for the presents, I feel like I'm turning into a Scott already.

IMG_20200131_152205.jpg

5 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Haha was a pleasure to meet you. I wish I had found the time to clean the car but I guess it would look like this once you arrive in Hull anyway? Hope your journey goes well, definitely gonna follow your progress on the car. I completely forgot to take a picture as well.? And thanks for the presents, I feel like I'm turning into a Scott already.

IMG_20200131_152205.jpg

Happy days and your welcome! Yea I managed to snag a free set of alloy wheels on the way home. Not the best looking style wise but better than the black trims. Just going to keep on top of it now. Try and sort the idle issue and possibly look at doing the cambelt soon for piece of mind. Hopefully I can help it last another 25 years :D

IMG_20200131_183459.jpg

24 minutes ago, garellikatia said:

...Just going to keep on top of it now. Try and sort the idle issue and possibly look at doing the cambelt soon for piece of mind. Hopefully I can help it last another 25 years...

That's the thing I have with raffle cars. You 'win' one for a tenner or whatever, and you're quite happy to spend a few quid on it to keep it going, knowing that if you do there'll be plenty of folk ready to buy a ticket next time round.

Absolutely ! Plans are  to get the minor things sorted! Replace cambelt so we're not playing cambelt roulette and enjoy it!! But..... When it comes to be sold it will be coming straight back here. Love this forum and the appreciation for absolute gems that would quite often just be left by the wayside! 

1 minute ago, Bren said:

A great looking car but the alloys remind me of the S plate one we had. It had 14" alloys that looked like casters - the car looked like a TV stand.

Yea I know what your saying! It definitely warrants bigger wheels but at the minute I can't knock em for free! I was actually offered some 17's but I haven't got a chance to get them :(

35 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Ah, looks so much better! Turns out they did take the tax for Febuary from my account, I'll need to chase them up to make sure its being booked back.

Argh!! Bloody DVLA! Normally they're pretty good. But at least the SORN was made on 31st so you won't have to pay for it!