Trusted Shiter needed near Winchester

Flat4

This is a huge ask but this will teach me for not checking Google Maps before bidding and spending my wages before I've got them....

Anyway, I have won a car in Winchester and tbh I think getting the thing transported up to me is going to be the least painless way of actually getting my sticky mitts on it. However, the seller is insisting on cash on collection which I'm not really wanting to send with a transporter as it's a fairly significant sum of money, for me anyway. Is there anyone in the local area who I can send a bank transfer to, who would be willing to take cash to the seller next Friday and possibly store it for the weekend while I organise it's onward travel? I will of course ensure you are rewarded handsomely for your assistance!

How legal is the car? Can it be stored on the road and does it have an MOT? I'm not that far from Winchester and could conceivably collect it (I think, need to check the calendar when I'm home but nothing I'm aware of). Are we talking about Friday the 31st Jan? in which case I'm off work anyway, so could do pretty much any time.

I've got 3rd party cover on other cars on my insurance provided its got a policy on it currently.

PM me if interested. I look after the forum kitty so would like to think I've got some credibility for financial trustworthiness

28 minutes ago, Stanky said:

How legal is the car? Can it be stored on the road and does it have an MOT? I'm not that far from Winchester and could conceivably collect it (I think, need to check the calendar when I'm home but nothing I'm aware of). Are we talking about Friday the 31st Jan? in which case I'm off work anyway, so could do pretty much any time.

I've got 3rd party cover on other cars on my insurance provided its got a policy on it currently.

PM me if interested. I look after the forum kitty so would like to think I've got some credibility for financial trustworthiness

Yep it's road legal. Has MOT and I will insure it ready for taking away. I may need the ref from the V5 sent to me to tax it. Will PM you shortly, thank you so much!

25 minutes ago, Tickman said:

@Bucketeer

I have sent this gentleman money before and he certainly knows where Scotland is...

Getting it home will be the next hurdle. Would be more than happy to pay a shiter rather than some one off Shipley. Even getting it further North than where it is now would be a huge bonus.

Or go up for scotoshite supper and I'll take @Bucketeeras far back down as Durham the next day

ETA. And if needs be a single bed near the pub in armadale.  I'll be in the other one though, so you'd have to behave yourself.

Thank you so much for all the offers! This truly is an amazing place :D

Unfortunately Scotoshite is just a bit too tight for time this month as the car isn't getting collected until a week today, and I'd rather not wait a month for the next one to get my new wheels.....I mean I could but I don't want to lumber Stanky with it that long either.