For the first time in a while.... it’s a live Klekshun fred!

83C

I have achieved (a relative term at best!) Birmingham New Street. 

Behold the stupidity that is trying to force a transport hub into being a shopping ‘experience’:

image.thumb.jpg.2d1746ee7a945de9294ea71862d6f691.jpg

Clean, yes. An utter pain in the arse to navigate thanks to multiple gatelines and a system seemingly deliberately designed to force you to go past retail outlets? Also yes.

I know there are ways to go directly from one platform to another, but supplies were also required.

33 minutes ago, 83C said:

I have achieved (a relative term at best!) Birmingham New Street. 

I know there are ways to go directly from one platform to another, but supplies were also required.

You are a better man than me to get between platforms direct. Always seem to end up taking a tour as come up to a glass wall/partition and have to retrace my steps.

The old station did not look the best but one long corridor with platform 1 at one end, and platform 20 (guessing the number) at the other end, made it almost impossible to get lost.

48 minutes ago, gadgetgricey said:

You are a better man than me to get between platforms direct. Always seem to end up taking a tour as come up to a glass wall/partition and have to retrace my steps.

The old station did not look the best but one long corridor with platform 1 at one end, and platform 20 (guessing the number) at the other end, made it almost impossible to get lost.

You can still do this, go up the stairs at the North/West end of the station (the ‘b’ end) and it takes you into a footbridge completely devoid of retail spaces. The next set of stairs/escalators go to the main platform link bridge (runs right across the platforms with no interruptions and has a smattering of food outlets), then the stairs at the East/South end of the station (the ‘a’ end) take you up into the New Street Zone of the Crystal Maze.