Minty Mitsubishi Roffle: 61k Mile '95 Galant GLSi Hatchback - £7 a Ticket - Congratulations garellikatia!

Schaefft

With the month of January nearing its end, the time has come to let go of the Galant. Its been an absolutely brilliant car while I had it, but with my move to Edinburgh approaching quickly, and the lack of space to actually store most of my cars anywhere (I'm sure theres nothing to worry about), this one needs to go. I've written plenty about the car before, if you want an extensive amount of photos you can check my general fleet thread here or check my cross European collection thread from December here.

If you can't be bothered, here are the details.

1995 Mitsubishi Galant GLSi Hatchback

1.8 4G93 petrol and a manual

Just 61k miles, I've put around 2000 of those on it myself over the last 3 months, with a trip to Germany and back again resulting in no real complications.

MOT until June

In general, its in incredibly nice condition. As far as I know, it was granny owned and always garaged, with it not doing many miles at all over the last couple of years. It was then used by a family member since around May of last year, until I bought it in October. Its clear that its been well cared for, without any bodges or stupid modifications to be found at all, excluding the painted wheel trims and radio.

MOT history looks great, too. Its generally rust free but apparently did get a patch underneath a few years ago, which still looks solid. The bodywork looks great, with no damage or corrosion visible anywhere. There is however a giffer scrape on one of the corners of the rear bumper, and unfortunately, an H from the Mitsubishi lettering is missing. I've therefore deducted 500 quid of the actual market value from the asking price.

Mechanically it is very solid, too. The front tires show their age and the idle isn't where it should be (members of the Autoshite team have concluded after some collaborative fiddling that it might need a new coolant temp sensor, idle control motor (the one that opens the throttlebody) or something else. Fortunately everything is cheap and all components extremely easy to access so that should hopefully be a quick fix.

All of this is getting way too long so just have some pictures.

48923701587_aa2ceb6707_h.jpg

48924676761_70f74a8f9c_h.jpg

48924139198_9a08bf79f3_h.jpg

48924666361_3b21d1286c_h.jpg

IMG_20191221_160441.jpg.e8778c3f400f1f0383aa1d7f30d9e87c.jpg

I might have to add that this happened on the Autobahn. Probably the fastest it ever went in its life.

49260536462_6624540488_b.jpg

48924863407_24746873cb_h.jpg

48924806782_20c9949e42_h.jpg

48924076248_1708860033_h.jpg

48924046783_bcb81a7c1d_h.jpg

And look how practical it is to boot!

49152228652_5e8fcd2c00_b.jpg

I've set the ticket price to 7 quid which should be fair. I've got a strangely high number of people showing interest in this car so I'll just give everyone the chance to acquire it right here. 

Lets go!

1. DodgyBastard

2. BL Bloke

3. rantingYOOF

4. chatsharris

5. twosmoke300

6. Aston Martin

7. bramz

8. skattrd

9. Joey Jojo Junior Shabadooo (totally not Jim Bell)

10. barmatt

11. J-T

12. rantingYOOF

13. aldo135

14. primeradoner

15. yes oui si

16. mitsisigma01

17. RobT

18. TheDoctor

19. BL Bloke

20. TheDoctor

21. garellikatia

22. Dvee8

23. fatharris

24. rantingYOOF

25. flat4alfa

26. holbeck

27. bramz

28. wOOdy

29. mitsisigma01

30. aldo135

31. NorfolkNWeight

32. Flat4

33. Joey Jojo Junior Shabadooo (totally not Jim Bell)

34. primeradoner

35. holbeck

36. Bigman1207

37. NorfolkNWeight

38. jumpingjehovahs

39. sdkrc

40. J-T

41. DodgyBastard

42. fatharris

43. DodgyBastard

44. Supernaut

45. tobyd

46. yes oui si

47. skattrd

48. VolvoV70

49. Joey Jojo Junior Shabadooo (totally not Jim Bell)

50. sdkrc

51. Unclefester

52. Maurice Marina

53. SRi05

54. TheDoctor

55. sdkrc

56. mitsisigma01

57. holbeck

58. Semi-C

59. J-T

43 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

First link fixed and ticket list updated. I should add that it also comes with the most important feature you can get on these, thanks to Jim Bell for adding some autoshite authenticity to it!

49420702151_728ebf1dce_h.jpg

after wondering since I joined if the phone number meant anything, I only just realised the phone number spells "boobies" LOL

4 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Looks a good motor that. Look after it and it should run and run. Something a bit different as well. 

I genuinely believe thats exactly what it is. You could keep this car on the road for 2 decades with minimal investment. Its still rock solid, which is the reason I am advertising it here first. It needs to go to someone who will continue to take care of it, not run it into the ground like a 400 quid beater normally would be. Its just too nice for that.

3 minutes ago, jumpingjehovahs said:

38 if it’s available, if not your luckiest random please. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#38 is yours.

6 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Absolutely no effort to keep a car like that running good. Old Japanese tackle like that runs for an age of the oil is clean. Is it belt or chain? Looks a similar unit to the Honda 2.3 in the Accord/623. Just good quality engineering. It’s hard to think why 25 years later people went for Ford Scorpios over these. 

This one is belt driven, oil looks great as well. You know that granny had everything done the garage told her would need doing.?

19 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Probably a nice easy belt job on that as well cause there’s plenty of space round the job. Not many cars that size with a 1.8 either and hatch, probably only similar car from round that time would have been a Safrane which would have been the 2.0. 

Probably being the only person who owned a '95 Galant and '92 Safrane, they are quite similar, however the Galant has a much sportier, nippier feel and much better seating position, while the Safrane was incredibly comfortable and had a few more luxuries (that you could have gotten in the Galant theoretically). I think the 626 hatch (which I like a lot as well) and Mondeo 5-door were the closest rivals.

29 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

One random please.

I don't suppose you'd be interested in a swap for a Charade?

done, ticket #41! I'm mildly interested but a lack of space wouldn't allow it, as tiny as it is! I have the 528i lined up for daily duty now.

19 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Go on then. I'll have a random.

Take it to Edinburgh with you so my collection would be slightly easier? :D

#36 for you. You know, my new employer would actually pay for the car to be shipped up there, I don't necessarily want to screw them over before I even started working there though lol.

12 minutes ago, skattrd said:

Three randoms please. 2 in my name, one for barmatt. 

#8, 10 and 47 for you and barmatt