Found on the bins. A spotted thread

dozeydustman

55 minutes ago, Harriytait said:

I live in Bracklesham, I was scrolling through this thread half expecting to see my driveway and a caption along the lines of *local scrappy* 

A fair amount of the rammel I have seen has been Brack/Witt/Birdham, including the Iveco Daily with the Bedford CF nose grafted onto it

Just now, Crackers said:

99% sure this is an old giffer's (in Chi? shocker!) daily driver, I see it out and about in all weather and it's in really good nick!

Yes I’ve seen it a few times. Can’t remember where I took that particular photo, been deleted off my iCloud for a while now. I think it’s off North Street

3 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

First call on bin deliveries yesterday morning.

6785940B-B57F-4ECD-9A4E-F17AEC351D65.thumb.jpeg.aaaf5b646d84a7424b976c924608aea0.jpeg

It’s 2300

Bang on the door at 6am and ask him if it’s for sale and tell him how seeing it brought a tear to your eye, that it was probably the best car Rover ever made and that it would go to a ‘good’ home. When he says ‘no it’s been in the family generations’ tell him they were fucking shit and you have seen loads up for sale for £300. Film him whilst doing this. 

Then post it up on PistonHeads bemoaning how it’s a disgrace that it’s allowed to sit there and that in any just society it would be yours and that if it’s not used it would be yours. Then post some really fucking annoying YouTube video full of false facts and footage of you driving along a track almost on the cusp of orgasm about how it’s actually rides better than your new MG3. Then do a series of hard luck videos about how you’ve had to sell the fucker for £15,995, until one evening you end up swapping it for £10 worth of gas top up. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

On way home from work I went through Lavant, a village north of Chichester, which has a garage and car repair place known for working on older cars.

77E27333-CA03-47A6-B0A7-4274877DF6C3.thumb.jpeg.4e18c6fa0d9c5247505d64a2e482bd4e.jpeg

Lovely selection of old rammel. Behind the mirror is a 700 Volvo, and there’s some even older tat up by the box lorry.

I know that place. As you say, always an assortment of old stuff there. I drove past one day and almost had an accident (both kinds!😁) as they had a mk1 Capri out from that looked like the sort of banger condition you’d see them in back in the 80’s. Really was a spectacular sight!

11 hours ago, danthecapriman said:

I know that place. As you say, always an assortment of old stuff there. I drove past one day and almost had an accident (both kinds!😁) as they had a mk1 Capri out from that looked like the sort of banger condition you’d see them in back in the 80’s. Really was a spectacular sight!

Always a decent selection of stuff outside. The guy works some crazy hours in the bodyshop there, you can see into the workshop when the lights are on at night and I've seen him working well past normal hours. Must be in demand!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nipped down to Gosport this afternoon to look at a potential car for Miss_dustbin’s boyfriend, which turned out to be yet another dud, so as punishment I got him to snap this we saw on the way back.

IMG_3490.thumb.jpeg.653131e545d5af16f68730c5df8cf557.jpeg

IMG_3492.thumb.jpeg.e91501d94b813169fd81062a5d1fb73a.jpeg

Mr & Mrs Giffer out somewhere. It looked pretty tidy.

@keef do you know of this one?

IMG_3488.thumb.jpeg.d7747b135684669d2500f067af2f316c.jpeg

1750 HLS GKR 242V on Serck plates too. Must be a very late Maxi 1.