Found on the bins. A spotted thread

dozeydustman

We had a bin lorry catch fire a couple of years ago and my loader took a photo of it, within three minutes he got a phone call from the office telling him to remove it from Facebook, that was before the Emergency Services had even arrived.?

it would seem our Council can be efficient at something...

You don't ever do Singleton do you? My old Mum was brought up there 

On 1/21/2020 at 4:01 AM, barrett said:

That GS is great. I spotted it a year or so ago, so nice to see its still there. The piles of building materials suggest a house reburb, or possibly new owner, so I wonder if it'll be sent off for scrap soon...? Be a shame to turn it to bin cans even if it can't be saved.post-3924-0-83977700-1477409333.thumb.jpg.bd35b5034898a637b35b396e46156d95.jpg

I really hope that gets saved. The GS is my favourite Citroen as it's economical to run and inherits quirks from the DS. There's a GS down the road from me that needs saving as well. It's a 1977 GS Pallas Break I'm told, same colour by the looks of it. It's been sitting undercover for a long time so it won't be as crusty, I must drop a letter in the owners mailbox asking if he'd sell it.

IMG_2195.thumb.JPG.69510cdc9f46dd4c1f9a96125f314d29.JPG

Re: The GS (or any abandoned tat) on this thread. I am more than willing to pop a note through the letterbox with details if you want it saved. I can’t store anything but will happily take someone viewing if confirmed contact has been made.

I would love to see it saved

6 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Whichever it is, I’m not giving it’s location away as an engine donor for your utility blue 3-wheeled appliance.....

Love it, I dont even have to say anything anymore people just do it for me now! :mrgreen: (tho I will say I was thinking about it!)

(thankfully I think REV's engine is in good shape, if any of the 3 wheelers needs a 643cc engine from a Haflinger I think that would be TWC, she has always been down on power it seems for some reason)

(or a 44HP+ 660cc TRII spec Steyr puch engine :)

On 1/23/2020 at 12:37 PM, Tenmil Socket said:

When I first opened this thread I thought it said 'Found in the bins' i.e. items that have been disposed of which may also make a great thread? Some nice spots BTW...

Sadly the days of metal dustbins and black sacks which allow a good amount of rummaging for treasure* are long gone.

I have found some good stuff in the past, including a cockatiel someone was going to release into the open, an HP Laserjet 2 and a cloth bank bag with £17 or so’s worth of 1p & 2p coins, but when my last firm converted to wheelie bins that put paid. Current firm was wheelies well before I started here, and TBh I can’t be arsed most of the time now.

11 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

I r disapoint this thread isn't about skip-diving, but 13.4/10 for the choddage.

Well, I did come with a working Kenwood Chef stand mixer in December. Left in a bin room at a block of flats with a “take me if you want me” note on it. Needs a thorough clean and service, possibly new caps and triac just in case they goes pop.

10 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

I am going to turn this round, I have just had to wait because the lorry was blocking my drive so could not resist capturing the cart.

Question is, is that now cart envy or poor buggers having to use that?

If they saw you taking the photo they probably thought you were going to put it on Facebook raging that you were mildly inconvenienced for 30 seconds whilst they blocked the drive.

On 1/24/2020 at 7:07 PM, dozeydustman said:

Re: The GS (or any abandoned tat) on this thread. I am more than willing to pop a note through the letterbox with details if you want it saved. I can’t store anything but will happily take someone viewing if confirmed contact has been made.

I would love to see it saved

Re. The red GS. Please do pop a note through the door. I'll save it - even if it's only good for parts! 

2 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

If they saw you taking the photo they probably thought you were going to put it on Facebook raging that you were mildly inconvenienced for 30 seconds whilst they blocked the drive.

I had excepted my fate to wait and having just been reading this thread and notion of if "they had been photographing my drive" so I turned the camera on them!

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I am going to turn this round, I have just had to wait because the lorry was blocking my drive so could not resist capturing the cart.

Question is, is that now cart envy or poor buggers having to use that?

IMG_20200211_120322 broad.jpg

I am not envious, I have to drive one myself at work. Hideous things.

Dennis are about the best in terms of reliability, driver comfort, all round vision and fuel economy for bin rounds; they’ve been making the things for nigh on a century.

When it comes to haulage (of any kind) A fleet manager buys Merc lorries, a driver doesn’t.