Collected / Almera nonexciting progress and cleanup thread - MOT Fail joy

pauldoubleyou

2 hours ago, pauldoubleyou said:

You’d have lost a fiver, two codes - thermostat (presume temp sensor?) and an unknown one. Cleared and never came back. Super happy as I was massively expecting that cam sensor code.

Found a local lad on Facebook and he did it on the drive for a tenner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, now buy a cheap OBD reader from amazon for less than a tenner!

Right, now buy a cheap OBD reader from amazon for less than a tenner!

This is the most frustrating bit, I’ve bloody got one of them Bluetooth dongles that connects to Torque but can I find it? Nope.

It usually sits in a little compartment in the top of my toolbox. I think I left it in the Corsa

But yeah, I’ll be getting one if it never turns up.

the water feature in the boot is factory fit btw, they all have it

I’ve not got to that yet. Looks like it’s coming from the boot lid itself, maybe the wiper arm or trim bolts above the number plate. If it’s not a test fail it can wait for now, I’m refusing to spend anymore until it’s passed a test or I know what it needs to pass a test

2 hours ago, pauldoubleyou said:

I’ve not got to that yet. Looks like it’s coming from the boot lid itself, maybe the wiper arm or trim bolts above the number plate. If it’s not a test fail it can wait for now, I’m refusing to spend anymore until it’s passed a test or I know what it needs to pass a test

more likely to be a dodgy bung in the well, havent been arsed fixing mine either

As predicted tbh it failed its test today, knew it would from the loud wheel bearing but now I know it’s not a total lemon I’ll fire the parts gun at it 

So looks like it needs a caliper / front brake strip down 

pair of disks 

wheel bearing 

I predict they will be rusted on so I’ll also buy a track rod end, all from being sat. I’m sincerely hoping the balljoint comes off with no drama as that’ll be an arm as well, as the balljoints are pressed in. Off to buy parts..

A7146129-C5AC-4923-A838-94989D4F9F8A.png

Disks £16 each, wheel bearing £15. That’s from the local motor factors! Suprised me to match and even better eBay prices.

Bought a track rod end too just in case it’s rusted in place, even better that I can return it to just down the road if I need to.

Crossed fingers for non knackered balljoints and track rod ends. Not holding breath tho.

Just do the track rod ends, by the time you've removed the taper they'll want doing anyway. Never hurts, between those and the balljoints it's the thing ive always done thats made the most difference.

The ZX has started to get a little bit clunky occasionally, going to wait until maybe the roads get shittily patched up in june first though

45d2ae42ec9fc6910157da7577e1396f.jpg40c27774816c59a558039515dfbc2628.jpg

For the first time in a long time the Lupo has been evicted and I’m having a slow, relaxing and dry evening sorting this out. So far so good, but not looking forward to the balljoint. That’s next

Sliders are good but pads on this side (the advisory side) were rusted to the caliper which is a good sign, maybe a clean will sort it.