For Sale: New Saab - Now for Sale MUST GO - £250

cpjitservices

38 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Rear pads didn’t come with any anti-rattle springs when I fitted them last April, and there weren’t any on the old pads either, so lord know how long they were missing for then!

Garage had a quick look and couldnt find the source of the knock... could be exhuast. 

Will investigate come MOT time.

Garage had a quick look and couldnt find the source of the knock... could be exhuast. 
Will investigate come MOT time.

I thought it felt like it could be surface mounts seemed as though things were moving about, also rear arbb's.

Have they sorted the lack of power?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

I thought it felt like it could be surface mounts seemed as though things were moving about, also rear arbb's.

Have they sorted the lack of power?

They took it for a spin and couldnt quite figure out where the knock was coming from But I think itll be ok to wait until MOT time now.

Power, well, it had warmed up when I picked it up - Temp gauge was half way, and drove spot on. Low down power. Seems to be only when she's cold and not quite woken up yet that shes down on power. But will investigate. 

Can investigate properly now that Cam belt is done. I didnt want to mess about running her too much until belts had been done. 

Aux belt has been replaced too. 

Can investigate properly now that I can hear the tone of the engine without that horrible tensioner whinning its tits off, garage said its been replaced at the right time because that tensioner was not far off falling apart.  Though the old belt itself did not look too old. 

Arbb's ?? Anti Roll Bar Bushes? 

They took it for a spin and couldnt quite figure out where the knock was coming from But I think itll be ok to wait until MOT time now.

Power, well, it had warmed up when I picked it up - Temp gauge was half way, and drove spot on. Low down power. Seems to be only when she's cold and not quite woken up yet that shes down on power. But will investigate. 

Can investigate properly now that Cam belt is done. I didnt want to mess about running her too much until belts had been done. 

Aux belt has been replaced too. 

Can investigate properly now that I can hear the tone of the engine without that horrible tensioner whinning its tits off, garage said its been replaced at the right time because that tensioner was not far off falling apart.  Though the old belt itself did not look too old. 

Arbb's ?? Anti Roll Bar Bushes? 

Arbb's yes and rear drop links, loads of you tube videos on them.

Good news on the tensioner.

If you hold it on boost in 3rd through to 4k+ it may through an p0234 overboost code which may help diagnosis..

1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

Arbb's yes and rear drop links, loads of you tube videos on them.

Good news on the tensioner.

If you hold it on boost in 3rd through to 4k+ it may through an p0234 overboost code which may help diagnosis..

Thanks Ill try that at some point.

OOOOKKKK

Just did a quick trip in the Saab, she's firing up first time. And turning over much better. Turbo low down seems to be cured, its cutting in around 2k and can hear the whitle. Certainly seems more spritely... possible Timing was out slightly? Its running like a dream. Engine note seems quieter, there is no hesitiation/what feels like a misfire and no smoking now either. 

SO possibly the EGR Valve/MAF/MAP etc is ok. 

Wonderful.

Just need to sort the knock out!!!

Great car! 

OOOOKKKK

Just did a quick trip in the Saab, she's firing up first time. And turning over much better. Turbo low down seems to be cured, its cutting in around 2k and can hear the whitle. Certainly seems more spritely... possible Timing was out slightly? Its running like a dream. Engine note seems quieter, there is no hesitiation/what feels like a misfire and no smoking now either. 
SO possibly the EGR Valve/MAF/MAP etc is ok. 

Wonderful.

Just need to sort the knock out!!!

Great car! 
Brilliant to hear..

OK shes back to full health, 

Spring loaded pipe on top of engine split and popped off.

Phew - that was panic stations. The old girl lives on.

On an even better note, I seem to have cured that battery drain.
Good news! What was the battery drain?

NEWS!

The garage could not make the car do its steam train impressions, neither is she pressurizing so Headgasket should be fine. Weird.

Anyway, no more knocking on the front end, Garage found some loose nuts near the strut top - tightened them up and that has cured the knock and improved the steering too!

New backbox required as well as Rear Inner Anto Roll bar bushes.

@FloatylightAmp was the issue and possibly some weird elctronic shanninigans due to under powered battery, not once has she dropped below 13.1 standing. Amp has been cleaned out thoroughly inside and out so nothing shorting the connections.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Floatylight said:

How's the Saab doing?

Not too bad, something weird going on with the steering so its booked in to have it looked at next week - its almost like the steering gets snatched away from you when you hit the slightest bump in the road and seems to be getting worse. 

Other than that, doing absolutely fine! 

For now.

LOL

She's back - new antirollbar bushes - expensive ones too!

She's been absolutely transformed. Front end knock and steering twitch was loose pinch bolt on the front and and a couple of nuts had worked loose, its all been replaced.

Oh and the power is back, we have determined we have a sticky EGR valve so I shall  get that replaced immediately.

YEY

Shes riding lovely.

EGR Valve is causing the low bogging down issues with power - So here it is soaking in a vat of EGR and Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner.

The original plan was to blank it off but the garage have told me not to, it'll mess with the DPF and shit itself. Those where the actual words lol.

So I'll use the gaskets I have in the blank kit instead. 

I will replace the EGR valve but I want to see how this goes first.

88261587_512920662981394_6814039041864892416_n.jpg

EGR Valve is causing the low bogging down issues with power - So here it is soaking in a vat of EGR and Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner.

The original plan was to blank it off but the garage have told me not to, it'll mess with the DPF and shit itself. Those where the actual words lol.

So I'll use the gaskets I have in the blank kit instead. 

I will replace the EGR valve but I want to see how this goes first.

88261587_512920662981394_6814039041864892416_n.thumb.jpg.95b23138065ffcd36293154dc39506c6.jpg
This is all good to hear, glad it's getting some much needed love..

I thought Glen replaced the EGR valve last year...

Just now, Floatylight said:

This is all good to hear, glad it's getting some much needed love..

I thought Glen replaced the EGR valve last year...

May ell have done, but its cacked up to shit to the point hwere I have done a leak test and it is letting by because its not seating correctly on the piston - therefore bogging down. 

This is an aftermarket one, which dontlast very long but I am going to buy two or three new ones and keep them handy for when it cakes up again.

manifold is ocming off next for the same soak treatment.

@cpjitservices the EGR was replaced a month or so after the MoT so June-July last year, but as I had stated previously it had 3 or 4 during my ownership of the car. The wiring connector was always dicky on the EGR and (was before I bought the car in 2015).

Before you whip the manifold off, get a set of the blanking plugs for the spare one and give that a clean up and then de-flap it, then you can just swap manifolds. It was my long term plan to do that if I hadn’t got the Suzuki.

Are you doing the manifold removal yourself?

35 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

@cpjitservices the EGR was replaced a month or so after the MoT so June-July last year, but as I had stated previously it had 3 or 4 during my ownership of the car. The wiring connector was always dicky on the EGR and (was before I bought the car in 2015).

Before you whip the manifold off, get a set of the blanking plugs for the spare one and give that a clean up and then de-flap it, then you can just swap manifolds. It was my long term plan to do that if I hadn’t got the Suzuki.

Are you doing the manifold removal yourself?

Yeah I think EGR's are just a piece of shit lol. 

Yeah ill whip it off myself at some point and see what I can do - and maybe de-flap it - I may get the garage to do it for me.

I did the manifold change over a weekend, you don’t have to remove the cam belt but you do need to line up holes in the injector pump pulley and bolt it to the head to keep the timing correct and knock the pump out. It’s a bit of a ballache if you don’t have star sockets and allen drivers for a ratchet. Then again I have hands like a quarter pounder burger with 5 saveloys attached which didn’t help.