For Sale: New Saab - Now for Sale MUST GO - £250

cpjitservices

Thanks to @Floatylight who now has my ex-Passat. I have this lovely Saab to fix/do-up/enjoy!

Not had a 93 beofre so this will be interesting!

First job, new battery! I think the one on it (from readin online) is a bit weedy, its got a 68Ah on at the minute but from reading and digging around it needs 74Ah plus (apparently) - this one works fine, but more juice is required or you get weird/odd little things with the elctronics.

Then it is going to my mate for a preoper Valet, Clean/Wash and weather protection, then will find the source of the damp in drivers footwell and set about getting it all dried out and go from there!

Drive shot.

SaabFrontJan20.jpg

2 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

Ouch, how did you find that out?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Very smokey on first startup - today is first time I've run it since it arrived, very very smokey and stank of diesel fumes. Usually signs of injector(s) failing. Smoke is fairly white too. Also feels like it has a misfire.

New battery required.

The Varta mentioned here is not the one fiited:

Ahh yes! The Varta kept going flat and really didn't have the umph required so@sutty2006 have me the battery that is in it now, I thought they were both the same spec (096) you're welcome to the Varta if a shitely can be arranged but it was certainly no better.. doing a bulb test on the negative certainly showed quite a draw from the fuse inside the passenger door cover ( l think no 14, second row the one below the empty slot) which powered the SID, radio & amp..

1 minute ago, Floatylight said:

Ahh yes! The Varta kept going flat and really didn't have the umph required so@sutty2006 have me the battery that is in it now, I thought they were both the same spec (096) you're welcome to the Varta if a shitely can be arranged but it was certainly no better.. doing a bulb test on the negative certainly showed quite a draw from the fuse inside the passenger door cover ( l think no 14, second row the one below the empty slot) which powered the SID, radio & amp..

Thats allright, I am ordering a bigger battery with many more juices. 

1 minute ago, stuboy said:

watch out for water getting in and seizing the interior fan

Water is getting in... I have been trying to source the leak today but no joy... Wet Drivers footwell. passenger side bone dry. Have had the cowlings off around the Cabn Filter etc and its all dry....

I need to find the source!

19 minutes ago, omegod said:

I've had white smoke on start up due to fucked glowplugs in the past

The glow plugs were on their last legs when I roffled it. I wanted to change them when I did the manifold change.

Incidentally, before the manifold was changed she revved up with full power, I'm wondering if the swirl flap actuator isn't much cop or the linkage has come off. I did include original manifold when floatylight collected the car, as I had planned to de-flap it and keep as a good spare.

This was the last list of Jobs I typed up for this old jalopy

7 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

The glow plugs were on their last legs when I roffled it. I wanted to change them when I did the manifold change.

Incidentally, before the manifold was changed she revved up with full power, I'm wondering if the swirl flap actuator isn't much cop or the linkage has come off. I did include original manifold when floatylight collected the car, as I had planned to de-flap it and keep as a good spare.

This was the last list of Jobs I typed up for this old jalopy

I have that in the boot, I have no idea what I am looking at when it comes to Swirly flaps! 

So it could be the Glow plugs causing the smoke and the what seems like a misfire? I shall look into that.

Thanks

So I presume on the spare manifold those flaps are to be put onto the manifold which is on at the moment? 

I have that in the boot, I have no idea what I am looking at when it comes to Swirly flaps! 
So it could be the Glow plugs causing the smoke and the what seems like a misfire? I shall look into that.
Thanks
So I presume on the spare manifold those flaps are to be put onto the manifold which is on at the moment? 
I think the plan was to fit something like this to the spare and remove the swirl flaps completely.

What's really needed is access to the proper Tech II diagnostics.

If you put your foot down and run to the redline is will through code P0234 (from memory) and goes into a real limp mode, which can be reset using Torque lite without switching off the engine.f77e6af4d519dde6521140dc1033a4a3.jpg

23 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

There are 2 different types of manifold for these; the swirl flaps are different sizes so you would have to change the whole manifold assembly.

Check the wiring loom to the injectors; they are fragile and one I had to lockwire into place which stopped a lot of chuntering.

Thanks man Ill check that