Volvo Antique Hauler - getting a bit tyred

Saabnut

On 1/15/2020 at 10:24 PM, omegod said:

My uncle was a manager at John Wallwork Volvo Liverpool when I was younger, he had a brand spanker one of these every few months and I had the pleasure of many a long journey in the boot of them, he then moved on to top spec 740 and 760 turbo's ...... be still my beating heart

Was he there in 1978?  Would he (unlikely I know) remember selling a 244GL auto, metallic blue with yellow leather, PLV 28T?

FirstVolvo-vi.jpg.ff442287868e15964347a71b49530898.jpg

My first Volvo!  (Southport, 1996, and it started a love affair...)  It was definitely a Wallwork car, I still have the back number plate that says so.

Thats a beauty, an its the 2.3 GLT, so its the one to have. Looks to be sporting the factory Virgo alloys too.

I too, would t-cut an polish the arse of this red/pink biatch?

Ive probably owned 10 of these 240's (since the late 1980's) an i loved em all.........But then, like everyone else, i moved on to the 700/900 series.

But, 240's are making silly money now...whats not to like about em.

A couple of years ago, i sold a set of these 15inch (made in germany) GLT Virgo alloys, i priced em sensible at £100....................theres a nutter on Ebay, who has a set for £995 FFS??!!! He will never sell em at that price.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:10 PM, Mrs6C said:

The 3rd photo shows a whole new look for cars: polished at the front and gradually less polished towards the back until finally the completely unpolished tailgate is reached! :-)

It could catch on...

My cars tend to have a single polished panel, usually something easy to reach like the bonnet or one of the front wings, before I get bored or tired or distrac 'ooh look a butterfly!'