sims00

Wedding Car

Alright guys!

I remember I posted something similar for my friend's wedding last year. So, I'm getting married in April this year. Both me and my fiance detest the whole supercar rubbish. It feels cheap and tacky to me. We would prefer something more elegant but a lot of the stuff I've looked at, I'm not allowed to drive it as it's chauffeur only. I want to be able to drive the damn thing!

So, my request is two fold. Does anyone have or know anyone that has something special that I could pay to use for my wedding, or know any companies that wont charge the earth when it comes to hiring? Of course for any shiter who allows me, I am more than happy to pay a good price and also cover insurance, cleaning etc.

Suggestions welcome. Just has to be classy I guess (fiancés words!)

Just now, sutty2006 said:

Just get a car with a driver, it’s your special day, you should arrive in style without worrying about being the driver too!! But If that’s not going to work, enterprise hire 5 series Bms out for 50 quid a day 

I did say this but she would rather us drive it..plus the chauffeur stuff is timed and doesn't seem to fit in with our schedules on the day. I've got if all else fails a Bentley available which is a modern (ugh) but, they're ten a penny and for a few hundred quid pointless really. 

1 minute ago, yes oui si said:

Loads of places do classic hire for weekends. Most have a strict no weddings policy but how the fuck are they going to know? 

That's the thing, you put the wedding prefix on and they add an extra zero to the price!

Just now, sims00 said:

That's the thing, you put the wedding prefix on and they add an extra zero to the price!

Yup, on everything. 

We got an E type for my mate - £250 for the day, £1200 deposit (ouch) but it was great. 

They smoke the tyres well. 

Im

2 minutes ago, DVee8 said:

Where in the uk are you?

2 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

Where are you sims? My mates got a mk2 jag in white he does weddings in £250 but doesn’t like going too far out of stoke 

I'm in Rowley Regis B65.

The Jag sounds very good!

4 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

It’s 52 ish miles so give me the date you need and I’ll ask him. Won’t do any harm to ask him. 

5D388E49-A7A3-44AF-884F-0EA25BD77F46.jpeg

That genuinely would be ideal. I'm more than happy to cover additional fuel etc.

11th of April!

54 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

I know it looks more like a funeral/dictator car but I got this😄 

48631822153_ddfe67b39f_b.jpg

Phwoar, if only you was in the south west, i'd have that for mine in September. I saw an SEL inside Tallinn airport's terminal and liked them ever since.

2 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

Where are you sims? My mates got a mk2 jag in white he does weddings in £250 but doesn’t like going too far out of stoke 

Would he travel to Redditch in July 

You could probably borrow my XJ-S but I can’t guarantee it'll be working.  And the bumpers are rusty to the point of being a health hazard.

Plus I’m 150 miles away, which is £70 of VPower each way :-(