On the topic of Visa saving....

Stinkwheel

I actually looked on C&C in light of saving a Visa and found that and thought "God ain't that lovely!" so I posted it in the Tat Fred. If I had a trailer and the means to store the thing and a reason to have it, I'd be off right now!

I have the storage but not the trailer. Why do these things come up when I’ve already got too much to do!!! Gnashing of teeth and much wailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/8/2020 at 8:43 PM, Fumbler said:

I actually looked on C&C in light of saving a Visa and found that and thought "God ain't that lovely!" so I posted it in the Tat Fred. If I had a trailer and the means to store the thing and a reason to have it, I'd be off right now!

In which case you would be very early for the auction! Days surviving on bacon sandwiches in their car park?

What I never understand is why none of the posh auction outfits don't buy a jump starter pack and give these things a whirl. Visas are tough...it might start. 

19 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

My kids think Visas are very uncool and have gone to live in Canada to get away from them the same could happen to you!

Oh I'd never think of owning one, doubt they'd like doing my commute for 500 miles a week. Would be alot nipper than my 1.4zx though, just by weight. The 1.9xud zx was way perkier than the xantia too (at the end when I got the xantia detuned) 

4 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Oh I'd never think of owning one, doubt they'd like doing my commute for 500 miles a week. Would be alot nipper than my 1.4zx though, just by weight. The 1.9xud zx was way perkier than the xantia too (at the end when I got the xantia detuned) 

If I was doing big mileage I would use a XUD Visa, trouble is for you they dip to 68 mph up Stokenchurch cut even given a run up!

If I was doing big mileage I would use a XUD Visa, trouble is for you they dip to 68 mph up Stokenchurch cut even given a run up!

Really? I don’t remember my old 17D being that bad up hills. Ok you had to keep the 4 speed box working but I never remember really loosing much speed. Having said that I drove Dyane’s a lot back then, so maybe it was all relative.

5 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

Really? I don’t remember my old 17D being that bad up hills. Ok you had to keep the 4 speed box working but I never remember really loosing much speed. Having said that I drove Dyane’s a lot back then, so maybe it was all relative.

Both my 4 speed and 5 speed slow on that M40 gradient 4% for more than 2km (1 in 25 for 1 1/4 miles)

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

I used to do 200 miles a week in Meg a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

If I play the gearing right I'm fine, have to be in 4th to 60 though. If there's lorries in l2 it's a slow waft up though

Is the 1.4 in mine much different to the 1.4 in the visa? Is the visa carbed? 

4 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Is the 1.4 in mine much different to the 1.4 in the visa?

Yes.  Same capacity but completely different engine.  Lower power output, although that's probably more than offset by the Visa's light weight.  I would imagine a 1.4 Visa would have the measure of a 1.4 ZX on a motorway hill.

6 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

If I play the gearing right I'm fine, have to be in 4th to 60 though. If there's lorries in l2 it's a slow waft up though

Is the 1.4 in mine much different to the 1.4 in the visa? Is the visa carbed? 

They were different engines suitcase in the Visa and upright in the ZX. Visa TRS 60 bhp ZX 75 bhp.

I have never driven a Visa TRS to compare.

My GT is suitcase engine 80 bhp but still needs welding yet.

1 minute ago, wuvvum said:

Yes.  Same capacity but completely different engine.  Lower power output, although that's probably more than offset by the Visa's light weight.  I would imagine a 1.4 Visa would have the measure of a 1.4 ZX on a motorway hill.

That's what I was thinking too. 

Still not for me, I couldn't give it the love it would probably demand at 500 miles a week minimum! 

1 minute ago, Six-cylinder said:

They were different engines suitcase in the Visa and upright in the ZX. Visa TRS 60 bhp ZX 75 bhp.

You should work out which of your visas is the most comparable to my zx, and we go play with it and mine, then the diesel one and @Mrs6Cs derv.

Drag race Oxford services to Beaconsfield services! We could bolt a go pro to @hairnet s head and film it.

(I've been in a mates Saab 9000 with the big engine when we were 17 and he was 19 and his dad let him borrow it and done that journey in a silly short time...)