Citroen Visa Roffle - sdkrc has collected...

egg

13 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

No choonz in the visa???? how did u cope driving it back?? id be insane(er) after driving that far with no choonz!!!!

I had to look it up!

TOP DEFINITION

Derived from the common cotton wood tree. When fully grown, an excellent picker of her kind. Liked by none, hated by all, this creature is one of the most bizzare organisms on the planet. Often of the mixed variety.

10 minutes ago, sdkrc said:

There were zero choonz. 8.5hrs of 4000rpm and wind noises. I did about 3hrs, my dad did 5hrs the madlad.

Night-time motorway driving is essentially just inexpensive meditation. Your mind is occupied just enough to daydream and not be bored. I'm a massive fan.

I have been all over western Europe in my Visa!

P1330803 broad v2.jpg

3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I had to look it up!

TOP DEFINITION

Derived from the common cotton wood tree. When fully grown, an excellent picker of her kind. Liked by none, hated by all, this creature is one of the most bizzare organisms on the planet. Often of the mixed variety.

You obviously don't follow @davidfowler2000 s choonage report? This hasn't been updated in a while... 

On 1/16/2020 at 9:39 PM, wuvvum said:

I'm not sure a waterlogged Messerchmitt would be a particularly popular roffle prize...

That Messerschmitt will probably roffle before Eddy R's caddy...

Looks like I can fit* in the back seat. That's with the driver's seat fully back. Question is, can the engine take more than one adult human?

IMG_20200118_093134.thumb.jpg.bf2591f06101b1dc729e5e0b914cc0a6.jpg

And a shot for scale, she's a small thing

IMG_20200118_092722.thumb.jpg.df5c0ad869623126d82fb1335e83cbd6.jpg

On 1/16/2020 at 5:46 AM, sdkrc said:

And a final big shout out to the 5 original owners, the fellowship of the Visa. This car should be preserved, used and appreciated. Soon no one will remember what it was like to have dial up internet - minutes to open up a page, the sound of logging on, losing the connection when someone answered the phone and downloading risky MP3s from limewire overnight. They will only have experience of flawless, high speed fibre optic broadband.

This is the dial up internet of the car world.

I didn't buy a ticket for this lest I was lynched if I won! I think this has been my favourite roffle prize ever. You win at life, Sir ?

I will get my hands on a Visa at some point...

On 1/15/2020 at 12:53 PM, wuvvum said:

I'm not sure that's quite so true of suitcase-engine Citroëns as it is of the flat twins...

The P12 Primera has Nissan's own engine - it's a 2.2 DCi but it's not related to the Renault unit.

the 1.9dci found in yurrup & ireland is the renner lump

Right, she finally shat her pants...slightly. I drove some friends home tonight and the clutch seems to have partially given up the ghost. Steering on the motorway at 50mph with 3 occupants was dangerously floaty too.

I'll have a proper investigation on Saturday but I think it could have been time for a new clutch kit and some suspension parts anyway.

One of my mates had a flat 2 Visa in Switzerland and was thrilled to see this again. She was also a total hit on the work night out, everyone loved it and generated a good 10mins of laughing at the boot lock, AA badge, paintwork, carbon fibre stickers etc. Also got a drunk guy offering to buy it and saying it's great to see these on the road. 

Great seeing everyone appreciate it.

Screenshot_20200124-005503.png

Screenshot_20200124-005513.png

I'll have a proper investigation on Saturday but I think it could have been time for a new clutch kit and some suspension parts anyway.

Is the pedal really heavy?
Thats usually a sign of clutch being very worn out. Along with the the usual slippage etc
Engine out time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Stinkwheel said:

Is the pedal really heavy?

Thats usually a sign of clutch being very worn out. Along with the the usual slippage etc
Engine out time.

Yeah, heavy pedal, really sudden biting point but oddly zero slipping. Engine out might mean a garage job...damn

Text from the ex-visa owner who now has the M4.

Citroen, you've still got it baby! 

955450133_Screenshot_20200124-0909522.thumb.png.93bd9ae4f648735b22de3efd3db1a814.png

Yep, that’s exactly what knackered clutch on these feels like.

If you were not up in that there Scotland I’d offer to help, but it’s a bit far for me currently. Of course if you wanted to bring the car down to the midlands, it could be done easily.

12 hours ago, Stinkwheel said:

Yep, that’s exactly what knackered clutch on these feels like.

If you were not up in that there Scotland I’d offer to help, but it’s a bit far for me currently. Of course if you wanted to bring the car down to the midlands, it could be done easily.

Thanks for the offer. Dead sound. Will likely be the garage's problem since I won't have the ability to take the engine out. 

Thinking about taking the Visa to a rolling road. Somebody mentioned it as a joke but now I want to do it. Any reason not to? (Post new clutch obviously)

The problem is, the absolute only engine that will fit in these is suitcases. So easiest is front subframe from 1219cc samba or visa and drop in a 5 speed BX 1360. Or a Renault/samba 1285 rally prepped engine.
With the 8 port head twin Weber’s and 1285 lump a 130bhp could be had. Yes, really. Can you image 130bhp in the visa