Citroen Visa Roffle - sdkrc has collected...

egg

3 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Last 2 days have left me in a huge brainfart having been working with a lad who talks constantly about Dad's Army or Airfix models, and no matter what you do to change the subject, he swings the conversation back.

Enthusiam for Dad's Army and Airfix models qualifies him for threads in the AS Open Forum, surely? :-)

side note, does anyone have a rough postcode or something I can feed into google maps?

I figured you know I really should check just how far away this car is from me

and sticking my rough postcode in and then "norfolk" into google maps its saying its near enough 10 hours on public transport despite the fact its only 2 hours by car

that cant be right surely?

image.thumb.png.c0a281fb76f06d913ff489cd84593076.png

9 minutes ago, spartacus said:

I've got a trade policy LBF, if you win it I'll drop it off for you.

ohh thats a very generous offer :) 

but I do have to ask how the hell do you get back! LOL (or should I not be asking that question!)

9 minutes ago, loserone said:

Yes, it absolutely can be right.  

4 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

It's true, I had a similar experience collecting my Mercury Sable from near Durham.  Despite that I went and did it again for Le Limon Bleu!

2 minutes ago, loserone said:

I live 5 miles from Durham, and work 2 miles from Newcastle.  If I got public transport to work and back, I could be in the office for about three hours before having to come home.  Takes 35 minutes in the car on a Sunday

Suddenly im that little bit all the more glad I do have my own 3 wheels and hopefully in time when said 3 wheels are on the road, I wont be subjected to such bollocks to go places!  (although it would not do me any good for collection capers still LOL)

17 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

side note, does anyone have a rough postcode or something I can feed into google maps?

I figured you know I really should check just how far away this car is from me

and sticking my rough postcode in and then "norfolk" into google maps its saying its near enough 10 hours on public transport despite the fact its only 2 hours by car

that cant be right surely?

image.thumb.png.c0a281fb76f06d913ff489cd84593076.png

That looks like it’s sending you by Bus. Would be quicker on the train with the route via Colchester being quicker normally, but some weekends at the moment there are engineering works, 

1 hour ago, Mrs6C said:

Enthusiam for Dad's Army and Airfix models qualifies him for threads in the AS Open Forum, surely? :-)

Not enthusiam, more extreme scary levels of knowledge including the dimensions of Frank Pike’s scarf as he’s having a replica made....

sorry for derail, I know who to pay now

Just now, loserone said:

@LightBulbFun you live in London, where the investment in public transport is. 

Yeah a rather rude awakening as to why no one outside of London (willingly anyway!) uses public transport!

(reminds me I have a question for the trainshite thread I need to post there)

6 minutes ago, spartacus said:

It's a collection, or rather, a drop off, this is AS, there's always a way!

Yeah! well even if I dont win, I very much appreciate the thought :) 

1 hour ago, dozeydustman said:

...been working with a lad who talks constantly about Dad's Army or Airfix models, and no matter what you do to change the subject, he swings the conversation back.

Someone who turns any conversation on to their favourite thing ... imagine that... 

Liverpool Street to Norwich is between 90 and 110 minutes on the train depending how many stations it stops at en route.  Train from Norwich to Wroxham is about 20 minutes, then it's a 10 minute drive to mine.

Alternatively the Megabus from Stratford to Norwich is about 2 3/4 hours, then the bus from Norwich to mine is about an hour.

I reckon that 10 hours is because you put in that you'd leave now - in which case you'd probably only get as far as Colchester or something before the trains stop and you'd have to spend the night there.

10 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Liverpool Street to Norwich is between 90 and 110 minutes on the train depending how many stations it stops at en route.  Train from Norwich to Wroxham is about 20 minutes, then it's a 10 minute drive to mine.

Alternatively the Megabus from Stratford to Norwich is about 2 3/4 hours, then the bus from Norwich to mine is about an hour.

I reckon that 10 hours is because you put in that you'd leave now - in which case you'd probably only get as far as Colchester or something before the trains stop and you'd have to spend the night there.

Ah good point did not spot that...

*sounds of machinery being worked, hamers hammering and a cat meowing*

much* better* "only" 4-5 hours LOL

image.thumb.png.787bdf1282828b77e16fa9756f9238c9.png

I think ill still take @spartacus up on his offer if thats ok/still on offer! (because I is a wuss)