Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Vaguely aiming for March…

Cord Fourteener

3 minutes ago, Sunny Jim said:

Any is good for me, shall we go with the second as you suggested @brownnova unless another works better for @Cord Forteener aka Tim_E?

Just been checking the Bodrhyddan Hall event website for the show on 5th September, if we can get more than 5 of us interested we can go as a club and get in for a fiver:

"CLUBS

Please note, clubs that are wanting to be situated together at the venues and total more than 5 vehicles, we are asking for you to pre book to ensure we have the right space allocation.

To pre book please just ring our office on 01484 667776 or alternatively download a booking form from the website, complete and send to the office via email or post.

As a club you are still eligible to pay on the day we just need to know numbers for the allocation of space. 

The ON THE DAY PRICE will be £5.00 PER CLASSIC VEHICLE.

Customer MUST be in a classic vehicle for the special on the day price to be honoured. "

Who's up for that? I don't mind sorting the booking if I can have some names. @mat_the_cat, @hairnet, @eifion - anyone else?

This is what I normally do for Chumley. 

2 minutes ago, Sunny Jim said:

"- Classic Vehicle - classic car (aged 2007 / pre-2007) or a car in one of the following themes: American / kit / custom / replica car" - so yes, they have the good sense to recognise your fine Volvo as a classic.

My shonky modern Passat is a classic too then? 🤣

• brownnova changed the title to Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! 2nd Tuesday of the Month at Mavericks Wales (weekend meets in the pipeline too)
1 minute ago, brownnova said:

It’s something I rarely admit to to be honest 😂

Remember, you aren't a proper North Wales bloke unless you get excited seeing a Slaters Of Abergele sticker in the back of a car.

2 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

Remember, you aren't a proper North Wales bloke unless you get excited seeing a Slaters Of Abergele sticker in the back of a car.

I've just noticed that Slaters have pulled out of Abergele like the did with their Ruthin showroom twenty odd years ago.

27 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

funship1.thumb.PNG.eadf0e01893f5ff6346b09599f9d1544.PNG

funship2.PNG.392b9e1782ad8c8785321f358297c8d3.PNG

Surely this is a decent location for a meet?

This is literally moments away from where we’re doing the meets on a second Tuesday. But yeah, that is a fantastic place. If it was open to the public, or I could swing a tour that would be an epic AS day out! It’s always fascinated me. 

39 minutes ago, brownnova said:

This is literally moments away from where we’re doing the meets on a second Tuesday. But yeah, that is a fantastic place. If it was open to the public, or I could swing a tour that would be an epic AS day out! It’s always fascinated me. 

Would be great for a photo and a debrief (aka chin-wag) after a Mavericks do. Or for a dodgy deal. 

8 hours ago, warren t claim said:

It’s Threeways MG and Suzuki in Abergele these days…

It wasn’t what Ant and Dec imagined when they were told there were a couple of threeways in Abergele. 

13 hours ago, brownnova said:

I’m probably nearest. Only about 10 miles. 

11 hours ago, Cord Forteener aka Tim_E said:

Probably 2nd, just over half hour away...

Would either of you have time/space to grab a 16inch tyre from Rhyl until I get down? Currently quite cheap but seller won't courier.

1 hour ago, Flat4 said:

Also, does anyone have the post code for Mavericks please?

CH8 9DQ

1 hour ago, Flat4 said:

Would either of you have time/space to grab a 16inch tyre from Rhyl until I get down? Currently quite cheap but seller won't courier.

And yeah probably can, Pm me and we can arrange. 

On 6/18/2021 at 11:34 PM, Cord Forteener aka Tim_E said:

Its Redstone Subaru in Ruthin, then Ford Pentre Llanrhaeder these days. 

Redstone is a proper farmers Subaru dealer, no WRX's on their forecourt! I often peruse their pitch when I'm buying dog treats for Claim_Whippet at Wynnstay stores.

When I was seriously considering the purchase of a brand new Mondeo a few years ago I went to Ford Pentre Llanrhaeder to see if they could get close to the taxi brokers price as I wanted to give a small dealer a chance but they refused to give me a price that was even close to being competitive.

3 hours ago, warren t claim said:

Redstone is a proper farmers Subaru dealer, no WRX's on their forecourt! I often peruse their pitch when I'm buying dog treats for Claim_Whippet at Wynnstay stores.

When I was seriously considering the purchase of a brand new Mondeo a few years ago I went to Ford Pentre Llanrhaeder to see if they could get close to the taxi brokers price as I wanted to give a small dealer a chance but they refused to give me a price that was even close to being competitive.

Yes its very much the farmers choice, its only seconds travel by Hilux from the Farmers Market. 

At least you tried giving Pentre a chance,  I guess they have their customers who will pay silly prices for new shite.