Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Vaguely aiming for March…

Cord Fourteener

12 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

I think we're doubtful for this. The message is likely to be 'Stay Local', which North Wales just isn't for us really. Also, it looks like work is taking me to the south of England the day after. Meh. Hopefully more Welsh meets will be possible.

Yes, I think if we can get away with a local meet for local people we'll have no trouble here and the wider ShiteHoard are not allowed then there will be more meets for sure in the future for when the rules eventually relax further. 

3 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

Depending on what Mr Drakeford says I hope to make it too.

I hope he says something good. With any luck there might a few of us anyway to test the route, let's say. 

Flasks of tea and butties I'm guessing at a picnic table but that's not the worst thing. 

If there's few enough and the rules allow we could always do fresh tea in my garden. 

• 2 weeks later...

"During the third week of the review period, we will take stock of the latest evidence before confirming changes for the Easter holidays. If the public health conditions continue to be favourable, from 27 March:

• The stay local restrictions will be lifted to allow people to travel within Wales." - gov.wales

So we might be allowed to travel but as yet there's no indication as to whether there'll be restrictions on the number of people who can meet up.

If it's permissible by the 28th I'm up for it, if not happy to wait.

2 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

"During the third week of the review period, we will take stock of the latest evidence before confirming changes for the Easter holidays. If the public health conditions continue to be favourable, from 27 March:

• The stay local restrictions will be lifted to allow people to travel within Wales." - gov.wales

So we might be allowed to travel but as yet there's no indication as to whether there'll be restrictions on the number of people who can meet up.

If it's permissible by the 28th I'm up for it, if not happy to wait.

1 hour ago, mat_the_cat said:

I'm in agreement. See what happens on the 27th and potentially have the meet the following day :-)

I'm happy with that too 👍

So, if we get the go ahead we need to think of a meetup and a vague route/plan

As folk are mostly spread across North Wales my suggestion would be the little chocolate cafe car park in Pentrefoelas, but I'm open to better suggestions, then do a quick lap of Migneint to Llyn Celyn and back on the A5. Alternatively the Evo Triangle, though for me I'd prefer Migneint as I drive on the triangle roads often and I'd like a change of scenery if at all possible!

Any thoughts? Even if we have to postpone its worth thinking about, I think the last plan was made before covid rules.