Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Vaguely aiming for March…

Cord Fourteener

Cracking evening! Great turn out with all sorts of stuff. Lovely to meet you both in person, finally :)@brownnova @Sunny Jim

Hard to pick a favourite but predictably I did love JDM corner, even tho it wasn't technically part of the event lol

20210713_201016.thumb.jpg.9ec03fede2ca286771566abe0027bc09.jpg

I'll upload the video of the other Datsun to YouTube ;) File size is apparently too large.... 

Suzie likes the trike, apparently lol

20210713_190142.thumb.jpg.e3f42e9202b9b6a57ce5cdb1a8e5f094.jpg

2 hours ago, Flat4 said:

Cracking evening! Great turn out with all sorts of stuff. Lovely to meet you both in person, finally :)@brownnova @Sunny Jim

Hard to pick a favourite but predictably I did love JDM corner, even tho it wasn't technically part of the event lol

20210713_201016.thumb.jpg.9ec03fede2ca286771566abe0027bc09.jpg

I'll upload the video of the other Datsun to YouTube ;) File size is apparently too large.... 

Suzie likes the trike, apparently lol

20210713_190142.thumb.jpg.e3f42e9202b9b6a57ce5cdb1a8e5f094.jpg

Great to meet you (and Suzie) too!

JDM corner was an unexpected treat, but still nothing can beat that Alfa for me! 
2EA1F58D-C671-4162-98D2-B371332742CA.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Only 2 more of the Mavericks Wales car nights left before they finish for the season on the 21st and 28th September.

Anyone up for coming along to one of them? 

@Sunny Jim

@Cord Fourteener

@eifion

@Minimad5

@mat_the_cat

Amyone else local I’ve missed off, or not local who fancies a road trip! 

• brownnova changed the title to Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Last two Mavericks Wales car nights… anyone up for one of them?
8 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Only 2 more of the Mavericks Wales car nights left before they finish for the season on the 21st and 28th September.

Anyone up for coming along to one of them? 

@Sunny Jim

@Cord Fourteener

@eifion

@Minimad5

@mat_the_cat

Amyone else local I’ve missed off, or not local who fancies a road trip! 

I've got a load of shit on atm, but do fire me a P.M or Facebook message the day before, as I might be able to make it 🤞

On 6/18/2021 at 10:56 PM, brownnova said:

This is literally moments away from where we’re doing the meets on a second Tuesday. But yeah, that is a fantastic place. If it was open to the public, or I could swing a tour that would be an epic AS day out! It’s always fascinated me. 

I went there when I was 13 back in August 1983. All the arcade machines were free and there was a dodgy hypnotist performing.

I did the tour of the engine room and according to Mutha_Claim, I went white when the man giving the tour said that the ship is only beached on sand, not one pound of concrete holds it in place. 

• 1 month later...

So where are we up to? 

My Volvo is currently awaiting some fixerage, nothing serious, just a good service and drying out of the foot well and some bodging to stop the heater control valve from leaking. So it would be good to have something in the diary to have to get it fixed up for!

• 1 month later...

So where are we up to?

I'm ill with covid and isolating with the family with very much cancelled Xmas plans.

My half a brain can barely comprehend the simplest thing and if I can manage to muster some coherent thought train I have to sleep all afternoon to recover. 

So naturally I start to think we should be planning a meet up in March...

Who's in (covid/lockdown/weather permitting)?

• brownnova changed the title to Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Vaguely aiming for March…
  • 2 weeks later...

Again, probably easiest to day which Saturday or Sunday in March we can't do. 

I'd like to keep 19th/20th vaguely free in the afternoon and evenings for potential St Guiness day bookings. 

27th is BST which means a later start but also lots of rain last year.  Obviously the weather is much harder to book. I'm still working on that. 

I would very much like to join you again and I may have a working camper by then :D A battered camper but will be road legal :D

Otherwise, could end up being my first caravan trip of the year. 

Only weekend day in March I can't do thus far is the 20th. Could manage the 19th tho. The last weekend 26th and 27th could potentially work very well for me but happy to try to fit in with the majority.

• 3 months later...