Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Vaguely aiming for March…

Cord Fourteener

55 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

hard to justify the 4 hour drive each way :(

1 hour ago, Skizzer said:

I fear I’m out — that’s a lovely part of the world but it’s a minimum 4 hour drive each way from here.

*ponders whether to go on foot, or take the car...*

😛

1 hour ago, mat_the_cat said:

*ponders whether to go on foot, or take the car...*

😛

I was still thinking your Stellar might be worth the trip but I’ve gone right off you now.

More seriously, it would be a lovely outing but it would need to include an overnight somewhere and the weather forecast for Saturday is atrocious. Another time though.

• Cord Fourteener changed the title to North East Wales meet up - Saturday 8th May looking dubious once more.

Has someone not sacrificed to Thor?

We've been trying to organise this meet for over a friggin year now, first it was the worst global pandemic for 102 years and now its the friggin winter storms in friggin May.

Are we all in favour of postponing until the sun shines on our corner of Climate Disaster Earth?

Screenshot_20210506-231215_Yr.jpg

1 minute ago, mat_the_cat said:

I'm still up for it - it'll be an adventure, and a far better story than "it rained a bit, and I stayed at home."

Even if we just attempt sign language through steamed up windows, and go for a nice* scenic* drive.

OK I could be persuaded to come and say hi, but still setting a viable date for all and sundry in the future. 

Just now, hairnet said:

disapoint

ill be in wales if you wanna meet somewhere else let me know :)

I'm on the b5105 if you want to call in, we can have a hello, Pentrefoelas is I think about half way between @mat_the_cat and me so there seems sensible for a chat with the more intrepid and local of us.

• Cord Fourteener changed the title to North East Wales meet up - Saturday 8th May for the (fool) Hardy, suggestions for future drier dates please also.
2 hours ago, hairnet said:

the welsh are scared of rain shocker :D

Even Noah has decided to give it a miss the weather looks that shite!

23 minutes ago, Sunny Jim said:

940401590_Badweather.jpg.69c0f1a9f98de9d4a89a5a8d605bf9a4.jpg

Or should that be, "There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong car"?

See you in the morning.

The 2CV is out then!! 

1 hour ago, warren t claim said:

What time does this start?

If the weather's OK may I suggest that we set off in convoy to Morfa Dyffryn beach where we can take advantage of the naturist section and chillax and chat nude together?

Why get your clothes wet when you can leave them in your nice dry car?

• Cord Fourteener changed the title to Cyfarfod Baw Ceir Shiteisteddfod- Saturday 8th May for the (fool) Hardy, suggestions for future drier dates please also.
  • Cord Fourteener changed the title to Shiteisteddfod: Glawio ym Mhentrefoelas - see you all in a bit in a wet car park of a closed cafe. Aka how to have fun in North Wales the AS way.

The day dawned typically Welsh... a resounding Labour victory in the elections, horizontal rain, blustery wind and greyer than the slate of Blaenau Ffestiniog. It must be May.

The Denbigh Moors were bleak and devoid of colour, the wind hitting the slab sides of the Pontiac like waves hitting the hull of a ship. Standing water abounded, and the small river which flowed across the smooth snaking asphalt threatened to knock us off course. But none of this mattered, a shite meet had been agreed, and hell or high water we were meeting.

8AF4CFF3-3B54-4C06-B08F-3F07485640C4.jpeg

The rendezvous was a closed chocolate shop, nestled safely in a village that no mere Englishman could pronounce. 6 intrepid examples of chod and their occupants donned waterproof outfits, and huddles for warmth around a V8 engine. Hairnet demanded tea, so a cafe was sought, the rain meant the tea would never run dry. A small veranda provides shelter for about 2 at a time, with none of the men being gentleman enough to give way to the one lady present. But Mrs Eifion is clearly tougher than most of us. As are TimE’s kids, who ran through puddles and walked backwards up ramps for entertainment. 

As ever much talk of projects, purchases and genera fettling ensued, tea (or Lattes for the posh ones) were drunk, and it was genuinely great to see the local Shiters again. Looking forward to the next one already!!

126D04B3-4720-4AD2-BCCF-21183FE24CBF.jpeg9FC2489D-9068-4FCD-B40A-C597DA1737EF.jpeg46F60D99-5F08-4546-9918-A6FC74D7C5C0.jpeg

Lovely to see you all.IMG_20210508_111411__01__01.thumb.jpg.fe6391d7caae7ae00a126772b3ffd808.jpg

Mat arrived in his wonderful sounding V8 in a cloud of steam but soon got his leaking hose sorted.

IMG_20210508_111336.thumb.jpg.ad56ab164552fb8dce6087990259dab6.jpg

I, on the other hand haven't been able to get the BX to start again so am still outside the cafe waiting for the breakdown.

IMG_20210508_141533.thumb.jpg.0943b968db884d45b0c277c89d8e744b.jpg

Good company, bad weather and mediocre cars. Thanks to Tim for organising it and Mark for the brew.