Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Vaguely aiming for March…

Cord Fourteener

3 hours ago, hairnet said:

You haz v8 now

@mat_the_cat tell him :D

I was hoping for something that doesn't have a total number of 4 cylinders just for some variety so a V8 is a winner by me. Yay! Can I drive just behind you 😂?

Actually, in all seriousness I've been making a musical hypothesis about burble. Could I make sound recordings of your engine bay and exhaust tips?

11 hours ago, mat_the_cat said:

Nope, not me - mine's only a 1.6.

20191130_095557-1.thumb.jpg.c0f642c79040b583854104378227ae51.jpg

I know there's a V8 disguised as a 1.6 somewhere.

However I don't mind actual 1.6s too.

Ive nothing against 4 cylinder engines, at the moment the 2 must interesting out of three cars in our fleet are 4 cylinder. They both sound awesome and have hilariously different power characteristics!

10 hours ago, brownnova said:

I may possibly bring 2 cylinders, or 6... 

Don't let me tell you what to bring but I'm really keen to see a 2cv. But I would be happy seeing anything you've got. 

Ok we meet in a week. I'll probably phone the Chocolate shop to see if they will be serving refreshments.

Let's hope for decent weather, but even if not I'm looking forward to meeting you all and exercising the Volvo. 

Bring a picnic, there's a nice place to stop on the Mig Neint road in an old quarry car park by a small lake. 

1 hour ago, Flat4 said:

Very sadly not going to make this with work commitments and the V70's auto box taking a dislike to my caravan.... Neither the Fozzie or the Granvia would be ready by next week :(

Oh no, that's shame.

Sorry to hear that, I hope to meet you at some point, we'll definitely have another meet up here in the future plus whatever meetups elsewhere. 

So there is a fishing cafe that might be open on the A5 near Cerrigudrudion, I've no idea if they will be open, but if after the run it's open and we're still hungry it might be nice. 

But we can figure this kind of stuff out on the fly. 

12 hours ago, brownnova said:

Weather is looking abysmal typically Welsh. 

Yes, that may be the straw that breaks this camel's back for us. Convincing the kids to spend hours in a car to attend a little meet is tricky enough without nature's best efforts! What a change it has been this week after so many weeks of sunshine.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:04 AM, Skizzer said:

I’m a definite maybe, depends a bit on what’s working sufficiently reliably and other unknowns. Currently any weekend is as good as any other for me.

I fear I’m out — that’s a lovely part of the world but it’s a minimum 4 hour drive each way from here. As ever, the best way to get to North Wales is not to start in South Wales.