Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Vaguely aiming for March…

Cord Fourteener

Technically us Welshies could accidentally end up driving to the same car park at the same time under present rulings... and if it was “organised” have 30 (Welsh only) people there... 

But I digress... 

Yes yes yes to March (a full year after the original date) 

• Cord Fourteener changed the title to North East Wales meet up - The Shitesteddfod: Daydreaming - let's have a date

Hi guys, 

As part of the ongoing dream/planning of the first Shitesteddfod, I wonder if it's too early to look at dates in March.

I mean, if the shops and the radio play Christmas stuff months early then we can, can't we?

Obviously by March we won't be in lockdown according to my whimsical view of the future.

So far I have no plans, I'd suggest the weekend of the clock change so we can stay out an extra hour! 

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

It's so hard to think about meet ups at the moment. I fear we are in for darker times after Christmas.

I'm afraid to say I agree with you. I hated Christmas before, but I will hate it even more if we enter yet another lockdown in the New Year. Prace bets now....

20 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

Yes maybe I'm in lala land but I'd rather pencil a date on the calendar then maybe cancel if the worst happens than not plan something and, knowing me, not be organised to plan something on short notice.

I agree. Although I think it's highly likely that after Christmas we will tighten up again, and probably repeated for a number of cycles until vaccination starts to have an effect. I'm just hoping that any meet is during a 'relaxed' period!

2 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Well I’m just depressed. Parents are in wrexham as is my fiat. All three are well but I can’t visit and fully expect wales to pull out of any household mixing over Christmas. 

I can’t see the Welsh government doing that, it simply wont be adhered to and it won’t be enforceable. I’ve kept pretty strictly to everything, but they can FRO if they think I’m not seeing my parents this Christmas and that they’re stopping my parents seeing their first Grandchild’s first Christmas. 

8 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

It's so hard to think about meet ups at the moment. I fear we are in for darker times after Christmas.

I need something to look forward to so I am definitely up for pencilling something in the calendar. Hopefully it'll give me some motivation to get the caravan serviceable and maybe get the Fozzie out for a maiden voyage locally before March, once it's tow bar's fitted. 

Last weekend in March the clocks change, right?

15 hours ago, brownnova said:

I can’t see the Welsh government doing that, it simply wont be adhered to and it won’t be enforceable. I’ve kept pretty strictly to everything, but they can FRO if they think I’m not seeing my parents this Christmas and that they’re stopping my parents seeing their first Grandchild’s first Christmas. 

Horrible I agree, but I can't see any sense in families mixing. We're not seeing ours, I'm not seeing my nephew's first Christmas, or my parents. They've only granted the few days of grace because they know everyone will ignore it anyway. I fear an awful lot of people are going to get something unpleasant for Christmas.

6 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

As I'm the Wirral's cultural ambassador to Denbigshire (I sort of live in Ruthin) I'd be up for this.

The idea of the Wirral having culture, made me laugh. 

I need to visit my parents on Ynys Mon, so could m  maybe pop in on the way back? Haven't seen them since exactly a year ago.  My wife hadn't seen them since Christmas 2018, when they came with my sister and were quite rude. So I'll probably be alone. 

On 12/12/2020 at 20:18, richardmorris said:

Well I’m just depressed. Parents are in wrexham as is my fiat. All three are well but I can’t visit and fully expect wales to pull out of any household mixing over Christmas. 

Why is Wresxham in Wales? It always amuses me that I gave to travel into Wales to get from Liverpool to Shrewsbury....the border needs to be a straight line. 

Joking aside, I'll pencil in Sunday the 28th.

If we have to cancel and reschedule then fine, we've been planning this a year so we are used to it!!

Otherwise, even if just a few turn up and we have to make a second date for the wider community then so be it.

Covid season is not the best time to plan anything but here, a potential plan.

• Cord Fourteener changed the title to North East Wales meet up - The Shitesteddfod: 28th March pencilled in.
  • 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, mat_the_cat said:

This is looking potentially possible, if the review on 12th March is favourable. I wonder whether there will still be travel restrictions though.

Yes fingers crossed. 

It might end up being a small meet up but fingers crossed 🤞