Shitesteddfod: North Wales meet ups! Vaguely aiming for March…

Cord Fourteener

Think I might have found an ideal place for a meet up today!! The Denbigh 50s museum is excellent, and contains enough decrepit old cars and car memorabilia to keep ya all interested! And on top of that there’s fascinating household stuff from the 50s/60s... 

I think that weekend is not shaping up so good... 

Can I humbly suggest something a bit earlier.... and then maybe we can meet again over the summer!! 

How’s about: 

28th or 29th March: Meet up at the Cae Dai museum near Denbigh. Have a blather, a look round each other’s motors and the museum and then a drive over Denbigh Moors, round the much feted Evo Shiteangle finishing up at the Sportsman’s arms (the highest* pub in Wales) for a libation... 

I think a summer trip (or drive through with the doors locked) to Rhyl would be a good Shitesteddfod too... I think there would be something poetic about parking a load of shite cars on the front at Rhyl... 

*highest by height above sea level. For other types of highest pub, try Wrexham. 

9 hours ago, brownnova said:

I think that weekend is not shaping up so good... 

Can I humbly suggest something a bit earlier.... and then maybe we can meet again over the summer!! 

How’s about: 

28th or 29th March: Meet up at the Cae Dai museum near Denbigh. Have a blather, a look round each other’s motors and the museum and then a drive over Denbigh Moors, round the much feted Evo Shiteangle finishing up at the Sportsman’s arms (the highest* pub in Wales) for a libation... 

I think a summer trip (or drive through with the doors locked) to Rhyl would be a good Shitesteddfod too... I think there would be something poetic about parking a load of shite cars on the front at Rhyl... 

*highest by height above sea level. For other types of highest pub, try Wrexham. 

That sounds like a good idea.

I've heard about the 50s museum in Denbigh but had totally forgotten. I even meet the owner at a gig once!

So yes I think it's well worth a visit, and I'm free that weekend so far.

Everyone else?

2 hours ago, Tim_E said:

I even meet the owner at a gig once!

We met him yesterday and chatted a while with him,  he is a bit of a card! Likes his cars though and was telling us a tale of how he slept in a 2CV as a younger man... 

He was very up for car groups visiting! 

1 minute ago, brownnova said:

Any chance our weekend is one of your weekends in North Wales @richardmorris

I’ve just been checking the diary. The weekend after Mothering Sunday ( mum prefers this nomenclature over mother’s day). Plus having a look on the map - it’s the other side of Ruthin.  All being dry I can come up for a few days and give the x1/9 a run.

On 1/13/2020 at 9:36 PM, hairnet said:

billy could turn up on his ped at least it wouldnt far to push it home :D

It's only* got to get there though, it's down hill nearly all the way home!

If it's not lobbing it down I'm up for coming along on one of the scooters.